Ghost Rider and Superman Returns Trailers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jetfireinthesky, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Jetfireinthesky

Jetfireinthesky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if these have been posted or widly seen. I did a search but didn't find didn't find any existing threads so, yeah, here we go:

Ghost Rider-

Superman Returns-

The Ghost Rider trailer looks pretty cool. I haven't really read anything with him in it (just saw him in cameos in the 90s Marvel cartoons) but I really wanna see this movie. As for Superman Returns, hmmmmmm, how do I put this? The trailers have been cool just because of the fact that Supes is on the big screen again (and for many the first time), but if you take out the fact that it's Superman the trailers are pretty lackluster. They aren't like the latest X-Men: Last Stand trailer which makes you go "Cool, I gotta see this movie even though I'm a little worried about the director and the rumors I've heard."

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Is that an authentic Superman Returns trailer...? I see some new shots, but it mostly looks to me like a fanmade one, spliced together from the previous trailers.

It's nothing special, in any case.

3. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ghost Rider one is old. So old, in fact, that it still has 2006 listed as the release date.

Still good looking, though.

4. DragoUnicron

DragoUnicron Dragon Master

Superman really stunk. I thought that they might try to break away from the old movies like batman did to its benefit. Oh well.

Ghost Rider looks amazing. Really want to see him full skull face some more.

5. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I'm still waiting for something - anything - to make me want to see Superman Returns.

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

QFT.

I am not inclined to see a Reeves-wannabe. Besides the only thing different about SR from previous Supe movies will be the F/X. I'll wait for DVD instead and spend that money on X3.

7. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

Ghost Rider looks interesting. I hope it has some box office success so we can get the second generation story as well.

8. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I'm not a fan but Ghost Rider looks more interesting than I would have thought.

As for Superman....well....I'm going to presume that they have another trailer planned later on. What I just saw has just put more seeds of doubt in my head about this movie.

9. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i don't know, the superman trailer looked a whole lot more interesting to me then the ghost rider trailer. just my opinion.

10. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Ghost Rider looks awesome. I love Cage in pretty much any action movie he's in. And Ghost Rider is a fantastic character but is never ever done properly. Everything with him starts out great but always trails off. Even the latest Ennis series didn't impress me at the end. Hopefully this will breathe some life into him.

11. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Ghost Rider looks great. I would have cast someone younger, but Nic Cage is cool and into comics, so he'll do. Isn't the movie coming out within a couple of weeks of the relaunch? This is a great year for Marvel fans (aside from the upcoming Ultimate SPiderman Clone Saga). Civil War, Annihilation, and relaunches of Moon Knight and Ghostrider, two of thier coolest characters.

12. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

GR looks like some weird hybrid between the pre Zarathos Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider, and the Dan Ketch Ghost Rider.

13. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I should be ecstatic about Ghost Rider, but Nicholas Cage brings it down a notch for me... I can't stand his acting...

14. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

Well what I hear GR is gonna be out I think Feb of '07.

15. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes, it was pushed back

16. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Which Superman? Most agree that 3 and 4 were awful, but there is a lot of love out there for 2, and 1 is still regarded as one of the best comic adaptations (a title largely uncontested before X2 and Spider-Man 2).

No suprise then that Brian Singer has stated that this is loosely based on S1 and S2, and completely ignores 3 and 4.

17. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

So was Reeves (Christopher) also a Reeves (George) wannabe? CR was a complete unknown, and beat out several big name actors who wanted the part. And while I obviously don't know CR personally, I think he'd be the first person to wish BR some success. Given that we have seen next to nothing of the actor's performance, this is a pretty weak reason to turn away from the film. I hope you'll at least keep an open mind.

Besides, it could be worse. Remember - at one point Nick Cage was slated to play the Big Blue.

18. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Also, Justin Timberlake.

19. Primal

Primal Veteran

News Credits:
    The Superman Returns trailer isn't out until Tuesday May 2. I think I read somewhere it's going to be 2 and a half minutes long as well.

20. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

The Superman one is the same fan made trailer that was out like months and months ago... the only part that was different was the newspaper article... so Imgoing to have to call it fake!

This here: http://www.bluetights.net/news.php?id=257

is a fan-trailer made of storyboards from discriptions of the actual trailer thats attached to MI III may 5th.