getting tired of over priced deluxe figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Chaos Prime, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

So I just left my local Target empty handed. I saw a TFP Knock Out (which I actually wanted) but I saw how small he was. He's supposed to be a deluxe class, and yet he's the size of a basic? Then I saw the price. $14.99.
    So he's the size of a basic figure, and he's almost as pricy as a Voyager? Sorry, nope.
    If he was an exclusive, I could understand him being a high price, but this is a retail figure. I refuse to pay $15 for a $10 toy.
    This is getting silly.
    Don't get me wrong, I have made a few exceptions; I bought TFP Ratchet, and I'll end up getting FOC Jazz and Shockwave for the inflated price, but overall this is totally going to cut down on my collecting. I think I'm only going to buy my favorite characters, and just bypass everything else.

Is anyone else frustrated by this? How has this effected your collecting?

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i'm tired of hearing people complain about prices.

seriously, they are frickin TOYS, try collecting stuff from japan, or hell, any other toyline here in America. Transformers are STILL cheap for what they are. They should of been $15 a long time ago.

either pay for it or don't, that's all i can say, quit act like a $5 dollar increase is such a life or death situation

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I'm not really frustrated by it. I don't have a dedicated DOTM or Prime collection, save for a few toys. It does put things into perspective, though. Prime Vehicon's alt mode reminds me of a scout, but the bot mode is more in the deluxe range.

4. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

5. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

As I said in a previous thread, my fiancee has a Monster High collecting habit. Those go for minimum $12 a figure. And that's only for the basic, no-frills ones.

Suck it up, Jimmy :lol  Besides, it honestly does help curb the collecting to only the ones you really want, rather than being an obsessive completionist. For example, the new prices mean I will never waste any scratch on Airachnid, no matter how much it would be nice to have a complete on-screen cast set.

6. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Uh, weren't you the same person complaining about prices and having more options (as in 3Ps making figures you don't like/want) in the Third Party forum?

Anyway, Knockout looks small, and he is smaller than past Deluxes... in car mode, but he folds out and ends up being bigger than Basics/Scout-class figures in bot mode. Just look at online reviews of the toy on youTube. Shrinking figures and rising prices are just the signs of the times, unfortunately. Blame the 'Conomy.

7. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    :lol 

I'm just going to say get used to it.

8. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

This.

I just bought a Tamashii Exclusive D-Arts Rockman X Vava for about 100 SGD. It is smaller than the size of a Deluxe class figure, does not transform, comes with 2 cannons, an extra cannon leg, a few extra hands, and a cup. Even a regular figure from the D-Arts line costs about 50 SGD.

Transformers are really cheap for what they are; learn to appreciate that. Almost all action figures cost like 30 USD in Japan retail.

It is when you guys (referring to most of you, and the parents) are willing to fork out such money for an action figure as a NORM, then you guys have to right to start complaining and asking for better action figures, and stuff like Hercules.

9. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Off-topic, but how's that Vava/Vile? I'm going to be heading to SDCC this weekend, and am considering picking him up to go with my chrome X from last year. I'm going to assume he's worth whatever I end up paying, but still.

10. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    If you don't like the price, then don't buy it, or just wait for them to go on clearance... More than likely, some of these figures will end up at the discount stores anyway... That is, if you're patient enough.

:2c: 

11. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

Don't want to pay the inflated price? Then don't. Don't cry to me.
    it's inflation plain and simple. Make adjustments to what you buy in order to deal with it. I syllable plan on getting all the foc figures in my want list, and am kinda glad I never spent money on prime figures or I might have reason to buy airachnid. Dodged a bullet there I think. :) 

12. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Oh no, 15 bucks! I wish I could understand your suffering.

13. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    If the figures are too expensive, don't buy them. No one is forced to buy toys against their will.

Meanwhile in nearly every other country in the world, people PRAY they could find $15 deluxes.

14. Optimum1996

Optimum1996 Insert something here

Whoa dude, that's still much cheaper than pretty much the rest of the world, but I understand your frustration.

15. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

It is as sweet as X, I have no problems with it.

16. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

The quality and value decline is a bigger problem. The extra cost would be easy to take if not for that.

We have also gotten into a situation where many of the toys are repeated rehashes of 5 year old concepts. That doesn't sweeten the deal, either.

17. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

I'm not so concerned about the cost as much as I am the shrinking figures. The toys keep getting smaller and smaller. I guess it will save on space and all but still I like to have good substantial sized figures.

18. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I know, we're so burdened with our higher than what they were, yet still lower than everywhere else costs. woe is me!

Eye of the Beholder, It'd say the FOC qaulity despite being smaller is worlds beyond 90% of the movie lines. and Value is what it is for each individual. remember, Hasbro sells 9 figures to little Billy and Timmy for every 1 we buy.

19. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome! I love this thread topic! I like it so much, I look forward to someone else posting it again tomorrow! Yep, everything's comin' up CHL!!!!

20. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Noooooooo more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.