Getting Punk'd At Christmas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jorod74, Dec 16, 2009.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This year, we broke down and got my niece a laptop.
    well, for the past few months we have lied to her and joked about it.
    to put the cherry on top, we emptied the box the laptop came in, put in one of those GI Joe learning laptops in its place and weighted the the box before wrapping it.
    then in another box (an empty microwave box) we put her laptop that's inside a case with her cords and things.

so, we're gonna break her down to the boo-hoos before we make her year.
    it's kinda a tradition with our family for at least one huge prank/surprise gift.

My 8 year old niece is getting Pop Rocks and those Pac Man ghost shaped tins with sour candies stuffed in a DS box.
    But in another box is her actual DS and the starter kit for it.

we just love seeing the reactions.

so who's getting pranked and punk'd at your house? and what's the BIG gift?

2. red4

red4 Banned

I'm going on a date, and putting a hole in the popcorn bucket. That should be interesting.

only kidding, I have no date :( 

3. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

My 7-year-old niece is getting it this year. I wrapped up one of her presents, and then put clear wrappign tape all around the paper, then put another layer of paper on top. She'll have fun with that.

She also got punk'd by her mom, but it was her fault. She threw a major temper tantrum in church on Sunday. My sister asked her to stop. When she didn't my sister took her home and asked her to open up her present. She got an easy bake oven. She was all excited till my sister told her to get a bag because she was taking it back, and did.

Amazingly, she has been a perfect angel ever since.

4. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

For me, I prefer looks of surprise and joy rather than frustration and disappointment. Can't wait to see my lovely wife's eyes sparkle!

5. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Just remember not to throw away the wrong box.

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    My wife's side of the family has a toaster from the mid-50's that has been regifted as a gag wedding gift for the past half-century. It always comes with the same gross, old-ass gold tinfoil wrapping and a card, with the names and initials of the wedding couple that received the toaster. They got me good with this thing in 2007 and we just regifted it to my brother-in-law when he got married this past summer.

The gross thing about this toaster is that, at SOME point while it was being stored, one of the couples left it in their barn out in Ohio for about 5-6 years, so it built up a whoooole lot of fungus and mildew and dirt and grime, which makes it all the more awesome a prank when people open the thing. They're tearing through beautiful, clean white wrapping paper to find this strange, dingy-gold wrapping paper, which they unfold, only to find this horrendous junk pile toaster...

I'll clarify that the toaster gag is a wedding gift, so it's usually going to two (hopefully) adults.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  7. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

Ya know what, normally I wouldn't even bother to comment on something like this, but this time I can't resist. The very idea of doing something like that to someone on Christmas is absolutely abhorant to me. It's not fun, and it's not funny.

Out

8. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I can understand doing it to older teens and siblings and stuff, but you don't prank lil kids at x-mas, it's just no fun. Little kids are far too gullible so tricking them is just too easy.

However, joke gifts can be fun if the people can actually take a joke. My sister is a big fan of the "cover it in so much tape you can't find how to open it" bit. I've had the "oversized set of boxes that's really just a gift card" trick done to me, the guy even went so far as to open the side of a tissue box, slip the card into the tissues and then glue it back together so it looked like it was still sealed.

If I could think of a good way to prank my bro this year I would totally do it. He knows exactly what he's getting so making him work for it would be much more satisfying then just giving it to him.

9. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I gotta try that one with my kids.

10. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    This. Only person I'm remotely ""punking"" is my mom, but that's with a joke gift, as opposed to really pulling a joke on her. And I'm getting her a real present too.

11. jorod74

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We've done this so long to each other that it's oart of the celebration. We don't do this to guests, just the family.

I think it started way back in the late 50s/early 60s as a way to teach a certain granddad a lesson about trying to figure out what he was getting.
    and he got a laugh out of it and we've done it since.

I do it to a mild degree with my closest friends. Like i boxed a necklace and earring set in an old Dos D&D computer game. The girl didn't even open it for half an hour. But with a little help from someone just to see if i really gave her a floppy disk and manuals, she opened it.
    it was cool to see her reaction.

Rodimal Magnus,
    Lighten up a little.
    Abhorant is such a strong word for a little teasing. Not since the dead rabbit incident of 1990 have we had a prank go so bad as to be abhorrant.

(j/k- the rabbit wasn't harmed.)

12. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:

I should try this...

Except, I don't have a date.

13. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Great plan jorod. I'd love to see the reaction. :lol 

When I was really little, my parents had told me I was getting cereal for Christmas. I never believed them, always thought they were playing. Well when I started tearing into the presents Christmas morning, I grabbed the one I had been the most interested in and eagerly ripped it open. Inside was... a cereal box. I was distraught, and said thank you to my parents, holding back tears. I actually got up to take it to the cupboard, when my parents shouted, No! Open it! I did, and saw my actual present inside. It's still a nice story for my parents today...

14. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I am.

I have the, put-a-small-gift-in-a-big-box trick pulled on me very frequently. And sometimes my relatives even stuff boxes with paper so it makes no noise when you shake it.

My family refuses to even drop hints about what I am getting this year, and as much as it kills me not knowing, I want to be suprised on Christmas, so i'll just have to live with it.

Being suprised is half the fun of opening gifts.:D 

15. jorod74

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^EXACTLY.
    There's no harm in some teasing and heck, kids really forget about your "Holiday Waterboarding" about ,000000045 seconds after they open up that humongus box with the XBox or the Power Wheels.

notice how forgiving kids are at Christmas? lol.

I gotta try that Cereal trick!

16. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    My parents have put stuff in cereal boxes before. Unfortunately it's usually just clothes, not something cool...

17. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I had a friend who did very mean things at Christmas time. One time he gave his niece a big empty box filled with styrofoam, but he went to the extra trouble of scrawling in big bold letters "IT'S A BOX!!" at the bottom, so when the kids opened it, the stunned phrase "it's a BOX!" was repeated very loudly several times.

Another year, he went to a VW place and got a broken key. Didn't cost anything, because it was a dead key that didn't work. Then he got a small VW Beetle and put a big red bow on it. Imagine how excited the kids were when they opened the tiny box on Christmas that revealed the keys to a "brand new car" the jerk set in the driveway.

18. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I just got punked for Christmas today. A real life punk, my dog died. RIP Chunk.

19. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    ^ That sucks man. :( 

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'm like that with anything I parcel up. I always get told when I'm mailing friends something not to 'use so much fucking tape'. I try not to but one time when I didn't do it up as much as normal it got left out in the rain by the dumbass postman and ruined the contents. So now everything gets waterproofed with tape, even Christmas presents not being mailed anywhere. :p 

As for punking people, Christmas is a shitty enough day that making it worse isn't worth the effort for me. I have my six year old niece with me for Christmas for the first time ever after her parents split up so I'm going to make it the best day she ever had rather than play tricks.
    My sister is always dieting though and asks me not to buy her any chocolate, so it's sort of a yearly gag to give her loads of chocolate gifts. Which she then can't resist eating. :D