Getting Over It:

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

How long does it take for you to get over the anger of braking a figure? Saturday I was very excited to receive a particular figure that I've ben wanting for ages. Finally arrived, and first thing that happens as I open the package and release him from his mound, he brakes. Not even five minutes of joy with him.
    This was mid Saturday.
    Last night, I had trouble falling asleep cause I was pissed thinking of my broken figure. It seems silly, but it hurt inside, I felt miserable. Yes, I know. It's just a toy. But a very, very, rare toy that I've wanted a long time.
    Today, I finally got over it because everything else about him is perfect, and I did manage to fix him. Not perfect, but he still displays nicely. I should be lucky to have him at all in the condition he is!

So my question is, how long have you been upset over a broken figure?

2. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Depends on how expensive it is.

3. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I broke my movie 70's Bumblebee over a year ago. Still pissed ever time I open the drawer and see him. What fig did you break?

4. Tigertrack

I'll be posting pictures of him tomorrow. Right now I'm waiting for the glue to dry.

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'll be seriously annoyed when it happens, but that will pass quickly and I'll just be really bummed it's broken. And then that feeling stays with me forever. Or until I find a junker to fix it with.

6. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    It depends on...

1. how much it was worth?

2. Any "special" emotional bond to it?

3. Designer/QC issue vs. your inability to be careful?

7. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    I almost cried when my G1 Autobot shelf tipped over and everything fell on top of me and then onto the floor. There were so many pieces! When all was said and done, only Mirage was broken, at the swivel in his waist. And thanks to the awesomeness that is Optimusfan from here on the boards he sold me a junker Mirage for $10 so I could fix mine.

8. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It takes me a long time. A LONG time. I still look at some of my broken G1 toys and think, "Man, if only I'd been a little more careful..."

The only thing that works is to put it out of my mind. Get out of the house, away from the toys, go see a movie. Do whatever else you do that brings you happiness.

9. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Reissues have replaced some of the few figures broken in my youth and car boot sales have turned up others I can use the parts from for repairs.
    Broken figures don't happen often for me now as I'm extra careful with them. Most of the time it's where pins go through thin hinge parts that give me worries.

And yet I dug my LaserRod Electro out of storage today and he's in excellent condition. :) 

10. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    I feel angry for about ten minutes, then get practical and see if I can fix it. For example, Masterpiece Skywarp's thumb came off when I got him out of his packaging and I spent a good time cursing, then got on with re-attaching it. It's still loose, but it works. :D 

...Or in the case of my Revoltech Starscream when he randomly fell in half when I picked him up, I howled with laughter until I choked. XD (Fixed with Araldite.)

11. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, if it can be fixed well enough then that takes some of the pain away. But I'll still always look at it and feel a little twinge.
    G1 Megs got his waist joint fixed with a screw, although I did grab a reissue later. Just recently I bought Cybertron Dirtboss from a car boot sale and his wheel jacking mechanism wouldn't lock. Looks like there was a short shot on molding one of the tabs inside. Just glued a little piece of plastic to it and now it works fine.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    A couple of months back, I was fiddling around with my Cybertron Clocker and his arm popped off. So i put it back on it still pops off then i put some nail polish and guess what it still popped off. Eventually i began to realize that the peg that allow the the arm to connect it doesn't fit. I was really pissed and sad because i had my Clocker for over 5 years now. Long story short the pain i went through eventually went away as i bought a new Clocker. It took about a month to get over as it finally got it in the mail.

In other words buy a cheap junker and it'll be over within a month.

13. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Every time I've moved house I've always accepted that at least one figure will be broken, it's like a sacrifice to the gods of moving.

14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    It would depend on the figure. I have only broken two the preview BB that came in the wave with sound wave , his automorph was hoplessly jammed. not much regret at all.

and the second is ROTF Thrust which i still have as I have not seen another in retail to replace it with. much regret with him.

15. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    damn masterpiece starscream. that dude is brittle.

16. IronPrime92

IronPrime92 Deceptibot

my premium blackout had a piece come off (the rockets on the left side of his head)
    the screw came out somehow
    so now when i transform him, i just take it out, rotate it how it goes then just stick it in
    still tryin to find a way to fix it

when that bit broke, i was a bit upset for an hour or two when it happened
    because ive always wanted a blackout, then to have it break, its annoyin

but it can be fixed, so im not fussed

17. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I break a Fig

Cant get over it in a few Minutes

then I Say: Aw, Well I cna Buy Another One!,

18. Tigertrack

What if you can't buy another one? What if it's so rare that on pop's up on ebay every five years or something? It's not as easy to replace as say G1 Prime. There will be no reissues or Encores of this figure.
    It's easy to get over it when it can be easily replaced.

19. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    All time fail= Black Zarak.

20. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, why don't you just tell us what figure it is!