Minor/Repaint: Getting my feet wet. DOTM BB

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Sashiel, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Sashiel

Sashiel AutoCon Lurker

Greetings Radicons. First of all let me say that after years and years of coming to this forum and just being in ":eek: " of all the work you guys do, i finally decided to take the plunge. Not off the deep end, but a plunge none the less.

I am 31 and it took me a while to get the courage to mess around with painting/modding. I bought some cheap paint(since i wasn't sure i was gonna be into this too much) and some brushes then i picked a fig that i would not miss if i messed it up to bad. DOTM deluxe BumbleBee was the chosen one. This guy was waaayy to yellow for my liking. I decided to go a little battle damage and dirty for a look. I went to work at it and like 2 days later i got this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, i will say that i have no idea what i am doing, but now i love this fig. you guys had been saying for years that a little paint goes a long way. bb now sits in the front row of tfs. I am little by little trying to get a bit better and get good paint and get some mixing down. i finished this about 2 weeks ago, but it was only until today i decided to post about it. i will admit that it is miles and miles away of what a lot of radicons do, but as long as it looks good to me, what does it matter?

I have rambled quite a bit and i apologize for it. kinda excited. i have "finished" 2 other figs. PRID Megatron and PRID Arcee. i will make a post about it later. should each fig have it's own thread? sorry, for the nooby questions. Thanks so much for taking the time to look and perhaps give some pointers. Later.

Attached Files:

• bb.jpg
      bb.jpg
      File size:
      7.7 KB
      Views:
  2. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

this is very good for your first dive into randiconism, i like this alot great job mate :thumb 

3. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    That's pretty good for someone new at this.:thumb 

I might have to "take a plunge" myself sooner or later.:) 

4. Sashiel

Sashiel AutoCon Lurker

thanks guys. i want to be able to do more, but i'm taking baby steps here. i appreciate the encouragement. i hope to become a regular around here. is it weird that now when i look at one of my figs, i start thinking how much better they would look if i did something?

:) 

5. Taiki

Taiki Well-Known Member

Heh, nicely done. he does look a LOT more yummy than his usual self now. ;) 
    from a fellow new guy? welcome! XD
    ... and yes, I do feel that way about a lotta my figures... just be careful with your solvents eh? some plastics can handle it, and some can't.
    looking forward to seeing what else you've got planned. XD

6. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Great work! To answer your question, you're encouraged to start a new thread for each project.

7. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

good start, keep it up.