getting it off my chest

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rumble02, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    are you ever at a place where you dont know what to do or if you are doing the right thing. many of you know my dad has alzhiemers so we moved down from colorado to be with him and my mom. My wife and i live in a town an hour away from them. there is more work and opportunity here than in their town. We try and see my parents as often as we can but sometimes between work, family, and everyday life,(not to mention gas money) its hard to take a trip down there everyweek to let them play with their granddaughter. and its also really hard seeing him and watching him slowly going away, this makes me feel so selfish because i love my father but somedays i dont want to go see him because i feel depressed and sad that i am watching him deteriorate. I dont know what to do. I Just want to love my family and take care of them but i feel so stretched. now i know that i am not the only one going through this and life sucks for all of us. I just really needed to vent. am i doing the right thing here. any words of wisdom. GOD bless.

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Man.... That sounds like a pretty rough situation. I'm not gonna even try to give any advice. All I can offer is prayer.

3. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    thank you.

4. kronos

kronos PSN = METROPLEX_84

News Credits:
    i sent ya a PM my friend!

5. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Just do your best, and have no regrets. Which it sounds like you're trying to do already, so good on you.

--Moony

6. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Damn hard place to be in, and even harder to deal with. Although my own father doesn't have Alzheimer's his memory is definitely going slowly. Before his open-heart surgery my Dad had a sharp photographic memory. Now, about 12 years later he had short term memory problems. You can tell him something, and he'll forget about it thirty seconds later.

I can understand to a limited degree how hard it can be for you. Even if you can't converse with your father, the best thing is to be around him if he may not know who you are if even if you are there. It helps you, and the other family, that someone was there for him.

7. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

Hey don't worry, your father loves you alot, since you were born he wnated you to be the best of you.

Just do as much as you can for him, and don't feel like you aren't doing enough, I know it depresse you alot to see him getting old, but the best for him is to have your company.

I hope I helped.

8. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Sounds like you are doing everything you can with time provided. I am sure it is hard to see someone you love sick. Your parent know you love them.