Customs: Getting into MP Ratchet's head

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Booster Gold, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    I think Ive finally found the right place to post this! What I need to know is how to disassemble MP Ratchet's head? It appears there is a screw underneath one of his 'ears', I assume this has been capped/hidden with the 'ear'. Any ideas on how I can get it off without damaging it?

The backstory to this is I recently got a KO MP Ratchet in order to conduct a mild repaint into the comic book deco (I dare not try this with the official product plus I want to try the Shadow Fisher mod on him also). As I expect is often the case with MP KO's he was a little rough around the edges but mostly pretty good on the QC front, aside from one rather frustrating flaw. The two halves of the head are quite seriously misaligned and I can't for the life of me work out how to disassemble the head to sort it out (it will also help when repainting it).

Pics for reference:

View attachment 27905034 View attachment 27905035 View attachment 27905036

2. LizardbotHero

LizardbotHero I am a warrior

Ebay:
    Unfortunately those types of plugs are glued in, so getting it off without damageing it will be tricky and time consuming. My suggestion is to get a new Xacto knife and slowly score around the seam, and then you will have to get a small pry tool and just start working around it to pry it out. You may cause a little bit of indentation around the plug, but if you're planning to repaint it anyway you could always fill it in or cover any damage with some epoxy putty.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    thanks for the confirmation and advice. That is pretty much exactly what I was thinking of doing. I just need to find something small and delicate enough to use as a 'pry tool'.

4. LizardbotHero

LizardbotHero I am a warrior

Ebay:
    I usually use a tiny flat head screwdriver, like the kind used for eyeglasses or iPhone repair kits. It's small enough that I can wedge it into small gaps but strong enough that it won't bend when I try to leverage something out. Like I said before though, it's easy to cause damage if you pry too hard in one spot and the part doesn't come out right away.

• Like Like x 1