Getting injured and womens reactions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hybrid Prime, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

I just wanted to hear what alot of you had to say on this issue.I recently got hurt and blew out my finger and my knee and have been down for the last couple of weeks.I messed my finger up in a press at work but did not hinder me much.We had an ice storm the 23rd and I was cleaning the ice off the steps and fell and had my leg pinned under me and then pushed out to the side and not been able to walk on it since.(some internal damage to cartlige and tendons)I've been to see the DR. 2 times now and he tells me to leave my leg splint on and rest for a few weeks to let the swelling go down and then can get a better scan to see what is wrong with it for sure.Now here is where I'm getting to the point.

My Wife saw me fall and thought my leg was broke she called tha ambulance and was concerned the first day.The second day she was a royal pain in the arse woke me up yelling at me complaining that I needed to get up and do something and that I was just being lazy.She also told me I needed to excercise my leg to get it back in shape.I've constantly told her that I'm supposed to take it easy and stay off it.Now it is you can't listen to Doctors they don't know what they are talking about and now I'm branded the most worthless man she has ever been with and been hearing how bad of a person I am.

I've talked to a few of you guys on the boards and seems there wives/girl friends are the same way.I even had the Doctor tell me his wife is the same way.So what the hell is it with women reacting this way when you really get hurt?When it happens to them you have to baby them and treat them like they are F*$king royalty.If you don't you might as well pack your stuff and have a back up plan.Every woman I've been with has acted this way not just this one.So any ideas?Would love to hear them.

2. the_scientist

the_scientist Well-Known Member

lol, I've actually just recently heard of a survey taken among women that relates to this. It said women feel sympathy for an individual until they've endured five minutes on average of the individual's "whining." Not saying you or others were whining. It would all depend on what the woman interprets as whining such as restating doctor's orders over and over or just general sighs and moans. Just put on a tough guy routine and she if she changes (you know, FOR SCIENCE!). You'd be doing your fellow men a favor.

3. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

She just wants to feel like she's not helpless. Do what you're comfortable doing, but don't risk further damage to your body. When the swelling goes down and the MRI shows you have a torn ACL or MCL, then you can laugh and deposit your newfound relationship capital in the bank.

4. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Why wasn't she making you a sammiche and shutting the fug up?

5. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Man up, Nancy.

Just kidding. Not all women are like that :( 

6. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

Maybe it's not "all women you've been with", maybe it's you.

7. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Don't be ridiculous, it's certainly the frail's fault(s).

8. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol  oh man.

9. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    woman get in the kitchen and make me a chicken pot pie!!!!
    then i snap back into reality and my gf woops my ass for saying that.:lol 

10. samtheman

Frail as in women, frail as in the guy with a broken leg or both?

11. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

What do you think?

12. samtheman

...Both?

13. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I just tend to agree with what my wife says and tell her she is right, then I go about and keep doing what I was doing to begin with. It helps that my wife works so I can relax durring the day and avoid her at night (if I am off work). I had a stroke at work and my wife gave me grief the week after, so it's just a woman thing. I don't think they do it to be mean, they just don't know what else to do for you they probably think they are encouraging us.

14. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thats messed up. Having a stroke and then she giving you grief. If my gf or wife did that crap to me we would have some words and she might be looking for another place to live. I mean thats not being lazy thats being really sick and cant do anything about it.

15. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

This.

GF- 'You lazy POS, these dishes have been sitting here for days, you suck!"

Me- "k"

16. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Thankfully I don't have a partner in any form!

17. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Huh, I thought this was gonna be about how women tend to OVERreact to injuries, not under-react. Pretty much every female I've ever known does the former.

Heck, my mom still gasps whenever someone gets injured on TV, even if it's a comedy.

18. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

It's all fun and games until you can't work and it cuts into your bitch's makeup and booze money....

Dames, sheesh.

19. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Great Story Coming up. You Have To Read................

I was working patrol one day and we get a call of a guy that had hit a tree head on and was half way hanging out the windshield. So this being a hot call we proceed code 3 (lights and sirens) to get there.

While in route we get an up date from our dispatcher that the driver of the vehicle was out of the car walking around pouring gasoline on the car threatning to set in on fire so we bump the speed up a little faster cause we think this is going to be really good.

We get there and sure enough there is this guy that is bleeding from what appears to be his whole upper body and his left hand is just mangled to the point where it just looks like a nub. He has no shirt on and cut off blue jean shorts and looks cracked out of his mind. He has this gas can pouring gas all over the car and is going to set it on fire.

There are about 4 of us there and an ambulance on the way. I start telling the guy to put the gas can down and come sit on the cornerso we can provide medical help. He just turns and looks at me and has this 1000 yard stare, kinda looking right through me. From the way he was looking I knew it was going to be a fight.

He yells "FUCK YOU" and starts throwing his hands in the air flinging blood everywhere. I tell him again to sit down that his hand is really messed up and we need to attend to it. He holds his hand up, looks at me then looks back at his hand.........then bites his dam middle finger off.....I mean bites it clean off his hand and swallows it.

All of us cops standing there just kinda didn't know what to do. I have never seen any shit like that in my life. The guy looks at us and just buts his hands up (with this nub ass finger) and motions for us to bring it on. We rush him and I get his back while the other cops are trying to get his arms and legs. I pull his arm around trying to cuff him and I'm looking right at this stump that used to be a finger that is now in this mans stomach.

We finally get him restrained and the bus (ambulance) shows up. There was this female rookie EMT that had only been working about 3 months that was on the crew. This guy had a massive head wound and a really bad gash in his shoulder and neck plus the hand/finger thing.

The female EMT told us we was going to have to uncuff him so they could attend to his finger. I told her if we take the cuffs off the guy is going to go berserk and that would not be good in this cramped space. She talked me into taking the cuffs off.

She looks at his hand and asks where his finger was and that they could possibly save it since it looked like a clean cut. I said "Well Doc he ate it" she just looked at me and was like bull shit rookie jokes are going to have to stop, we can really help this guy is we can get his finger. I told her no shit the guy bit his finger off and swallowed it.

Right about this time the guy jumps up grabs his foot and bites off his big toe.....yes you hear me right....bites off his fucking big toe. This EMT just looks at me and I have heard the expression going green in the face well she actually did.....jumps off the bus and starts to projectile vomit.

It was good laughs and a story that will live in my department forever but that's my contribution to how females act when really nasty stuff happens to the human body.

20. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Oh my God, Prowl.
    :lolol