Getting Impatient And Irritated

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Spunky, Aug 13, 2011.

1. lordjimmybob

lordjimmybob Well-Known Member

You have more than that. The actual episode. These episodes that air in Canada are now on youtube. Check it out, the second one is considered the best yet. :) 

2. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

Oh I know, I've already downloaded both new episodes. Even better than Youtube.

3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I have not been paying attention to teletoon lately. I've gotta sit down and watch it.

I'm so happy to be Canadian. Sometime USA gets goods before Canada and sometime Canada get goods before USA.

4. lordjimmybob

Torrents perhaps? I checked Piratebay a while back and nothing new was there. And the videos you have, are they HD?

5. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

6. lordjimmybob

7. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm of the mindset where I'm totally okay with Prime. I'm not enamored with it, but it seems to certainly to be trying to do something constructive with the franchise, however limited that may be. There's nothing glaringly wrong with it, but the aforementioned complaints about the one-dimensional writing are totally appropriate. It isn't the most complex, interesting or even fun show based on a toy franchise right now.

Which is kind of stunning to say, because not too long ago I think we would have killed for shows like Renegades, MLP, Thundercats and Prime. If only because they seem to come from people who give some sort of a shit about the product they're making. It may not be top tier, but it doesn't necessarily need to be.

While first seasons can be used to get people energized and set up later stories, they don't necessarily always have to be, and those complains are also valid. Go look at Breaking Bad, or, again the first four episodes of Thundercats if you're curious as to how that could work.

I remain invested in this show because I like where it could be going. They're using characters that I'm fond of, and I like the design aesthetic. Good luck gentlemen.

8. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I'm getting kind of sick of the breaks, but I have so many shows to catch up with and others to watch weekly anyway that I don't really care, because it's refreshing to get a new episode of Prime.

I didn't really like the predictable ending of episode 21, but ever since the 5-part mini-series, the show has greatly improved, and my opinion of the show has greatly improved as well (I started out being very skeptical, willing to give it a chance, but fairly negative about the show in general).

I think listening to WTF@TFW Prime Time has helped as well, because it's good, somewhat unbiased discussion, without all the hate that people are throwing around all over the boards.

I loved a lot of shows like Beast Wars and Animated, G1 and the like - the ones that everyone tends to like - but Prime really is shaping up to be another great one, I reckon, and I never thought that would happen. There are still problems with it - it's not perfect - but I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I absolutely LOVE Starscream.