Getting Impatient And Irritated

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Spunky, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'm a Canadian and i'm waaaaay to patient.

:lol 

2. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    I think people need to just stop bitching about anything and everything. You guy have compared Prime to BW multiple times, has anyone forgotten how utterly barren the landscape of season 1 was? And how the casts were similarly small? mmmmm, that's an odd coincidence ain't it?

Also, personally, I have liked every episode so far. The characters are deep and you can see how they interact as a family for the bots and like oil and water for the cons.

As for the Pacing of the show, I don't mind it. It gives me more time to finish watching headmasters (bought it over a month ago and I'm not even off disc one -_-).

3. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What have those characters really done? Megatron is the same ol' Megatron from the 5 part mini series. Arcee has gotten two parts of development...opening up to Jack, and opening up to Jack's mom. Knock Out is a conceited, sexy, jack-ass medic who grovels up to leaders. Starscream has the BEST character development and I agree that he not one dimensional. Bulkhead started out as a joker and he's still a joker. I bet that what happened in episode 21 isn't going to make him appreciate life any more than what he already does.

Arcee, Megatron, Bulkhead and Knock Out hardly do anything that's really deeper than what their archetypes are. Arcee moving on or getting help for the haunting of her lost comrades would be deep character development, for instance. This is something I wish she did, to be a stronger, deeper character than she is!

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

GI Joe Renegades is only going to be reruns because the show has been axed while Hasbro tries to figure out what they want to do with their GI Joe brand leading up to the second movie and what to do with the brand after the film.

So that's going to be one less new show for the network.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Renegades was a good show, and it was, I'm sure reruns will keep good viewership enough.

6. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

To say "to each his own" is barely an understatement. I just watched the first two episodes of Thundercats, and I stopped watching the third at midpoint. It looks so childish, the pacing is incredibly fast (an empire fell in 8 minutes) and while the characters possess a solid amount of emphasis (definitely more developed than their ... ehr .... "G1" counterparts), the comic relief moments constantly remind me that I'm watching something that is meant for 10-year olds. That irritates me.

TF Prime is much darker and serious toned than Thundercats. Just because a character gets stabbed in the back doesn't necessarily make it serious. The tension I felt in the final scene of Rock Bottom was electrifying. In Thundercats (nearly typed Thundercars, o_O  ), I saw buildings go in flames, kings assassinated, sorcerers molested, and I didn't feel anything.

But like I said, to each his own.

7. ngnikolaos

P.S: Why does Mumm-ra remind me more of Palpatine rather than Mumm-ra?

8. Yoakem

Yoakem Well-Known Member

There's nothing you can do, so why get so upset over it?

9. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do agree its silly to pay extra for any one channel when anyone these days can download it off the web or watch it over a friend's house.

Or even switch over to a new cable network and get it as a promotion.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  10. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I will fly the War Planets flag ANYWHERE: seriously, I loved that fucking show, the death of Planet Fire's Vizir was the coolest subversion of the 'traitorous advisor' role I'd ever seen: everything about his death scene was pitch perfect: the dialogue, the music and the pacing.

Although I thought it was Canadian, but I'd still back its quality against almost anything running today, same with Gargoyles.

11. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Patience is a virtue.

12. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've never seen them, but its a shame; that Hasbro didn't pace themselves between the cartoons and the movie.

Hopefully, the cartoon will be brought back.

13. Idon

Idon Well-Known Member

This is beyond painfully ironic.
    Yeah, Prime is so dark an deep, that's why you have sworn enemies spewing one liners while in the middle of battle, kids being brought for protection then left unattended so they can run straight into the battlefield time and time again just so they can emphasise how cool and awesome battling is, mom making her teenage child feel akward takes to her behaviour, characters making little rants behind the backs of others.
    Yeah, real mature show.

The new Thundercats show is nothing short of brilliant and the characters have shown more depth and development in the first 4 episodes then Prime in 21.

Oh and before I forget, to the rest of the posters going on a defensive hissy fit, stop acting like children who just discovered the internet and think before you post, would you say "well if you don't like it why are you talking about it" when discussing something with someone in public?
    No you wouldn't because that argument is idiotic and you (hopefully) know it.
    Meanwhile, mistaking natural curiosity with emotional attachment to the object of intrest also shows a lack of understanding of human behaviour, so I strongly advise you refrain yourself from making such absurd claims if you don't know what you're talking about.
    In addition to that, liking the show is subjective, judging the quality of the writing is not, so stop passing facts as opinions and vice versa.

14. ngnikolaos

Yeahbuhwhat? Touched a nerve I think!

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It would be nice.

The ending of the series left it where the episode could tie up the show or it could be used as a launching pad for making the show even bigger with the Joes no long on the run but part of a bigger military team.

GI Joe Renegades returns or even a new GI Joe cartoon it would be nice if Hasbro had a cartoon related to one of their toy lines on their own network.

16. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally, I think they're both great shows. But they both have their faults. Both shows have a dark feeling, but they also both have comedic moments. After all, such is necessary in a children's TV show. I cringed when Miko saw the spider in Scrapheap and freaked out. But it's harder for them to relate to a larger audience without comedy. Yes, there are kids that can comprehend and enjoy a deep, dark, plot-centered story, however, there will always be kids who will only care about a show if it has comedy and/or action. I think both Thundercats and Prime strike a nice balance.

As for character development, both shows also do well. I already have a great sense of Lion-O's personality, however, I can barely grasp the characters like Tygra, beyond the fact that Tygra thinks he should have the throne and seems a bit jealous of Lion-O. The focus seems to have been put on guest characters like the Captain in episode 3 and Emerich (spelling?) in episode 4. Prime, in a sense has the same problem. WAAAAAAY too much focus has been put on Arcee, Jack, Bulkhead, Miko, and Starscream, and as a result, we barely have an idea of who the others are beyond basic stereotypes. One of my biggest qualms is that in Transformers Prime, Optimus Prime seems to be one of the least developed characters.

People could argue forever about which show is better, but in reality they're both great shows that both have faults, and which one is better is entirely up to the individual. Why can't we enjoy them both in an unbiased manner?

Although, I'm sure Thundercats will be better about showing the episodes in a row than Prime is. The Hub is pretty bad at handling the schedule for Prime :lol 

17. AshesG

AshesG The worst seeker.

Frankly, we just have to let future ratings speak for how people like the show.
    From what I see, people have been liking Prime less and less. Maybe this will show the crew to work harder...or maybe not since I heard people at the conventions have been giving them so much praise.

18. Cyclonus86

Cyclonus86 Wrecker - Wreck 'N' Rule

News Credits:
    I think it’s the demographic. Shows like the new Thundercats, X-Men:Evolution, Batman:TAS, Gargoyles and even Young Justice seem to be aimed mainly for the older teenage market right from the get go, therefore the stories they tell are more darker, mature and story driven, while Prime seem to be primarily for the kids first and the older crowd next.

19. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone else noticed that the Hub goes in two extremes?

One crowd is the very young and the older teen ager groups.

I have to agree, that the Hub is trying to aim for a specific crowd and hold on to them as potential viewers and supporters.

20. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

No, I'm really going to be pissed if Mulder and Scully don't show up in the second season so my anger better make that materialize pronto! Mulder better be that unexpected ally they're talking about! Elita and Shockwave can wait! I want my X-Files resolution and that boring two hour monster of the week episode movie, "I Want To Believe Movie", doesn't count! Put Mulder and Scully in a Transformers show and give the X-Files the resolution it deserves! Dammit Fox and Hasbro! Why do you tease us with those Transformers language characters that look like X-Files alien characters? Anyone listening to me? Cries and screams! Ok, kidding. :tongue: