Getting Impatient And Irritated

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Spunky, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I know in the past I advocated patience with the TFP crazy schedule of having 1-2 episodes per month. But now I am getting impatient and upset because that doesn't even seem to be happening anymore. So far, we have no clue what the remaining 5 episodes are titled and even when they will be aired. We got episode 21 by some miracle even though it wasn't aired on the Hub and I am wondering if its sudden and surprise airing was a mistake. The way things are going, it seems like all the last episodes will be aired in October. I don't think this a good way to keep fans and generate toy sales. I bet all the season 1 episodes are already finished, so why can't the Hub air 2 in August, 2 in September, and 2-3 in October? Why spread them so far apart? I can stand a month of waiting but two months? Three months? I am getting rather upset.

2. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I'm beyond giving any shit for this show anymore...

It's almost as bad as released for Berserk so I'll just watch it whenever it airs.

Until them I'll watch Thundercats, whose 4th episode alone is better than 21 episodes of Prime combined.

3. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Yeah, the schedule for Canada says Teletoon is ready to air episodes 22 AND 23, too, so I'm not really happy. At first I thought the Hub was just taking time for the animators to do their job, but now there's clearly another reason behind it, and I'm wondering what exactly their reasoning is behind it. It's a great show, one of the best cartoons on TV right now, and their highest rated show, so they're hurting themselves with this nonsense too.

4. IceMagnus

IceMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I agree with you. I live in the US and I only get The Hub and everytime I check for a new episode every Saturday I am always let down. Hell when I go back to school I will want to actually look forward to at least a new episode and some reruns of the more current episodes and show the oldest episodes in like a marathon likethey did in the Trans4th of July thing. Frag Disney Channel is airing new episodes every other week. So at least do it like them to keep the fans interested. =]

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Amen.

6. LesterX

LesterX Banned

Although we canadians may be getting new episodes of TFP, we don't even have Thundercats.:( 

7. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    It's better than them airing all the episodes of S1 then having to wait a year for S2.

8. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    I've said it before that between the Hub's Flagship Trinity of GI Joe: Renegades, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Transformers Prime, I think Prime is the weakest. It's a shame that Hasbro continually drops the ball on Renegades, since Renegades was pretty amazing.

Transformers Prime's pacing is pretty good, but character development is shallow and almost non-existent, environments are dull and lifeless, characters are one dimensional, and there is NO tension whatsoever. Episode 21 shows in spectacular manner an example of lack of tension. I won't spoil it, but if you see the end you'll see what I mean. Disappointing...that isn't how you write good stories!

9. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Couldn't agree more. I'll still watch the episodes when they come out, but I honestly don't really care anymore. This series is just doing little-to-nothing for me so far. I'm really hoping the second season will improve, but I'm not counting on it.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  10. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

The character´s are one dimensional? Prime might but, but I don´t Bulkhead, Megatron, Arcee, Starscream and Knock Out being one dimensional.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't get it. Why do you guys care if it'll be from the Hub or from Canada? Your downloads are illegal and the channel doesn't get ratings no matter where it comes from anyway.

12. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This. I don't know why people are getting so up in arms about a show that is only in it's FIRST SEASON. No show is perfect in it's first season and anyone that expected it to be perfect right out the gate is going to be dissapointed.

It's a season that is essentially standalone and not entirely continuity driven because the Hub didn't want it to be extremely continuity driven in the first season, they wanted something that they could rerun endlessly out of order without people getting confused.

Besides, if you hate the show so much, why are you still watching it? Also, did you people do this with the first season of TFA? Did you guys complain about random crap and say you were done with it after ONE SEASON? No, you didn't. You accepted that the first season of any show is always the weakest so you didn't drop the show and continued to watch, knowing that it would get better.

So do yourself a favour, don't write off a show in it's first year when it's been proven time and again that shows get better as they mature, and that the first season is generally the weakest.

13. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Actualy a bunch of people were "done with this kiddy crap" every week.

Only to come back the next.

And the next.

And to the very end, 99% of them starting to like it after some point too.

Weird huh?

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The slowish pace of the show combined with these long breaks combined with the often cookie-cutter plots of the recent episodes have me just not even caring anymore. If Dark Prime didn't have his downloads I would not even bother to watch.

Knock Out is pretty one-dimensional. His only character trait is his vanity. That's one dimension.

15. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I checked Teletoon. I couldn't find any mention of 22 and 23.

16. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Heeey check that out! The day Spunky got sad, The Hub gave AMERICA the day for Episode 21!

Transformers Prime : T.M.I. - Zap2it

It's called "T.M.I."

HAHA! Get it!? TOO MUCH INFORMATION! BECASUE HE'S DYING! BECAUSE OF INFORMATION! Clever.

Now if only Spunky had used his single lucky streak to get Elita-One in the show!~~

17. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Really? Of we go by every defining trait, every character is pretty one dimensional.

18. Mechafire

News Credits:
    Except that I didn't think the first season of Animated was weak at all.

Oh, don't worry, I'm not. I'm not a huge fan of the show, obviously, but I'm still interested in seeing if things improve in the second or even third seasons. If not, maybe I will be writing it off. The reason I'm continuing to watch the first season is because the creators have said that the end of the first season will set up the second season, which is said to be more of an over-arcing storyline.

Indeed.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  19. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    There a tons of shows that had awesome first season that get you hooked and hyped for more.

X-men Evolution had a good first season, TMNT had an insanely awesome first season that was so good the other season couldn't even top it, hell even the original show had a grat first season! Animated had a very playful and fun first season that at least for me had tons of character interaction that made it fun to watch. Beast Wars first season as well, episodic stories with some dumb stories (like the fart episode) but that combined with awesome character interacion was very fun to watch. Or hell look at the new Thundercats! 4 episodes in it DESTROYED Prime in well....everything!

First season needs to get you hooked for the show and give you a reason to want to watch it every weekend so you can see more of you favorite characters and see them grow.

So far all of the characters aside form Starscream and Knockout are way too boring and lifeless and unfun to watch or to give a crap about them, some of them are even so annoying you want to punch them and that combined with some really stupid recycled plots and ultra slow pace and looooong breaks make me not hyped for it at all...

20. Mechafire

News Credits:
    I definitely agree.