Getting Fired Sucks.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Metal Chaos, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    So I lost my job at walmart last night, things have been going down hill there since I started though, I feel lighter since I got let go but I also feel that uneasy feeling of "how will I pay the bills?" and all.

Getting fired sucks but I'm thinking of going to college now and getting myself a career instead of a job. I'm tired of retail and food service. I guess I can take pride in the fact that unlike most other employs at walmart I have a Diploma and can get into better jobs and higher education cuz most of my co workers don't even have GEDs.

2. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    I don't suppose you'll tell us why you got fired...?

3. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Sucks to hear you lost your job, but good to see you're thinking of getting higher up! If you have the ability to do so, I'd say go for it!!

4. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    lol, nosy much? :p 

Just a bunch of bs really, too much to get into really. Let's just say I got the short end of the stick. I was never trained other than being "trained" by a man old enough to be my great grandfather and he's completely senile. Got onto my shift having learned nothing and was never taught anything. My supervisor made it clear to me that i was to never move up from the spot he put me at, cleaning the bathrooms and sweeping the store. everyone else on floor crew had easy jobs like waxing the floors and using a scrubber or buffer. he never really trained me and he always told me i did great work on the bathrooms but come eval time he gave me all piss poor reviews on everything including customer service, which he was never around when i was helping customers.

I complained about my lack of training and advancement to our new co manager and he moved me onto stocking overnight to fix it. i did fine until the christmas season, i got really sick and couldnt work as fast so they fired me.

5. jtwhoib

jtwhoib Protocol

Ebay:
    Sorry to hear that man, don't worry, something will come up!

6. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:

Somehow I do beleive you as 100% of the Walmart employees Ive encountered seem to never have had any training....

7. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sorry to hear that. Best of luck for your future exploits, and hopefully you'll do great in whatever you do!

8. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Apply at Toys R'Us! It's probably more fun to work at then Walmart. Seriously though like you said Walmart isn't all that to work at, go aim higher and find something you enjoy.

9. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I feel your pain, but on the other hand, you have a full year of unemployment compensation to apply for. Hurry it up. Explain your situation fully and you will get your benefits. A nice chunk of change while you go out looking for something more suited to you.

10. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    I guess so, if I get a full year of unemployment then I may just spend that full year jobless and bettering myself education wise.

11. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well all i can say is do the education route. bettering yourself is a great way of chasing away the blues of being fired from a dead end job.

when you have finished this said education and have a better career and life go back into said walmart and make em pack your bags! i myself used to work for a supermarket here in the UK and did exactly the same which gave me a huge confidence boost and upped my own self esteem.

good luck for the future dude :) 

12. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You kinda opened yourself up to the question when you chose to post that you got fired on a public forum.

As far as other things go, a poor eval and getting fired from Wal-Mart won't make for an easy road to unemployment benefits. I'd suggest finding a trade school at this point, like mechanic's school. People's cars will always need fixing, and you can make good money doing it. As someone who has done hiring for minimum wage-level positions, though, being fired from Wal-Mart looks pretty bad on a job history. Good luck.

13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    You're right, OP, education is pretty much the only way to make sure you don't need to get another similar job in retail or food services that would carry more of the same bullshit.

14. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

If you can afford to do so, go back to school. Even an associate's will open more doors than a diploma/GED.

15. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

It's actually extremely tough, even for a company like Wal Mart, to stop unemployment benefits to a former employee in Florida. I should know. So, OP, get what's coming to you.

16. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Get yourself on unemployment. Thanks to our Prez it's one of the most stable jobs you ca have now.

17. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    must be your Walmart..

I'm currently working at my local one as a sales associate in Sporting Goods and have got fairly good training. I've worked twice for Walmart and had great experiences with both. I'm keeping this job till the market get's better and I can get a finance job.

Do not work for Target though. They are shit when it comes to treatment. I would get scheduled till 10pm most nights and then was kept another 2-3 hours every time. No breaks too... and it was an 8 hour shift! They suck ass.

My WMs were great. One I worked as a summer stock person on 3rd shift. We had resets and after they were all done the manager threw a potluck cook out and grilled big ass burgers on a grill out back! They were very good ones too.

This one for black friday had Bar B Q pork and chicken brought in.

Anyway good luck with finding a new job.

18. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I worked at walmart for just shy of 5 years when I was in college. They were great with working around my schedule. I went from garden center associate to CSM to toy dept manager. I had a few complaints, but nothing major. I left because I got a job making way more and free insurance.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    And dude that sucks, I hope you can get a better job. Hang in there buddy.

20. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Walmart was never the same since Sam Walton died. I've heard so many horror stories about working at Walmart from former employees and none of it really surprises me.

But I think it really depends on which Walmart store you work at and what kind of store manager you have.