Customs: Getting Classics Onslaught apart

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ssg4life, Jul 27, 2009.

1. ssg4life

ssg4life Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I've been working on a Mega-Octane custom from Onslaught and I've been trying to figure out how to get his body apart. I finally got a screwdriver set small enough to take his head apart but the body is really jammed together. I figure I need to take the pin out of the piece behind his head in robot mode, but is there anything else holding the body together once you take out all the screws? Is there anything else hidden underneath the gun turret? I can't get that totally apart, either, because at least 2 screws aren't reachable since the piece doesn't spin all the way around

2. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    I recommend you PM the guys who have worked on this figure before directly.
    Just do a search for the 'grimlock' repaints from this mold.

3. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That or simply wait for the upcoming repaint, colors are reminiscent of Mega Octane anyway :) 

4. ssg4life

ssg4life Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    actually, i was working on him a little more after posting this and get around having to take the body apart. with all the screws out, i was able to pop out the turret. i kept all the electronics connected, so the turret is in 3 pieces just dangling off the body, but it has allowed me to have the room i was looking for. unfortunately, the yellow i've been using is crap when covering anything other than primer, so i might be taking a few steps backwards