Customs: Getting access to 3D printer - need TF .stl files to test!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Robowang, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Robowang

Robowang I don't have AIDS

Ebay:
    I am supposed to be getting access to a 3D printer soon, and I need some files to try it out with, preferably of TF accessories/reproes/add-ons.

I have searched through Shapeways and they don't really have anything good that's downloadable.

Does anyone here keep a collection or have access to some .stl files they'd be willing to share? None of this stuff is to be resold. I'm supposed to help test the machine and may as well make stuff I can keep :) 

I'm not even sure what kind of stuff is available (or if this is the right forum...sorry if it's not!), so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I have a little hand gun model you can test with, but it's on my work computer so I can't get it to you until tomorrow.

Really, I recommend downloading sketchup and making a few designs of your own. It's really easy to learn and you should be able to crank out some simple designs in an hour or so of trying it out.

What kind of printer is it?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  3. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If there's anyone on my Shapeways store you're keen on, just let me know. Link's in the sig.

4. Theprimeinator

Theprimeinator Micron

I am also getting a 3D printer and would like some TF STL files can someone help me out?

5. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    you can go to thingiverse.com there might be some tf stuff, but not much. but the site is all uploaded 3d models that can be downloaded for printing

6. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Yup, I've got a few downloadable items on Thingiverse noteably tanktread sets from a few of my projects, Goryu's club, some other stuff.

I'm "writerwolf" over there.