Getting a Zune HD 32GB

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Metal Chaos, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I decided to sell my 8GB iPod Touch 2G to a friend for $125 and will be putting some cash with that to get myself a brand new 32GB Zune HD with a car charger. I work at walmart so I get 10% off plus I have a $20 gift card so I'll only be spending about a $50 of my own to get the Zune, iPod was a gift.

Don't get me wrong, I love the iPod Touch but its headphone jack has a short in it so headphones dont always work right. So I'm replacing it with a Zune, both have the same features almost and I can get a Zune HD 32GB cheaper than I could an 8GB touch.

So my question is "Who else here has and likes the Zune HD?"

Lemme know how you'd rate it.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't. I have an Iphone 4, but my cousin has a zune, and it's pretty damn sexy. The blacks on the screen look fantastic.

The only thing I'd miss on my iphone are the gillion games. But the Zune would be a great purchase. My cousin loves his.

edit: It's also super slender and sleek. The thing that impressed me the most was the screen.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  3. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    I've still got an old 250 that I love and use all day at work. I plan on getting an HD at some point, but I haven't had any issues with my current device. I also love the Zune marketplace music subscription service and 360 integration. I can see the appeal of the iPhone App Marketplace, but I don't need or want anything on there I can't get on my Android.

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    The Zune gets a lot of flak for being "a microsoft ipod" but the thing is pretty damn awesome. All my friends have one and I may get one in the near future since I could use an actual MP3 player.....

5. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    I loved my zune until my girlfriend threw it in a lake.

6. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Thanks, glad to see people giving it such positive reviews. With WM's prices I could get the 16GB for less than $3 after using my discount, cash from my iPod touch and gift card but I'm a set about $50 more with it and get the Platinum 32GB version so I can load songs and movies on it.

7. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Yeah, I still have my old 30 gig which I use in my car and at home all the time, and I still love it. The g/f has a 16 gig HD, and it's seriously sexy. The only thing that stopped me from upgrading is that I hope they put a speaker on it next gen... if/when that ever happens. The screen is so nice though.

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i got the 120 gb regular version and i LOVE it! it is absolutely amazing

9. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    The one I'm getting is a bundle that comes with the Zune HD premium car pack, so I can charge my Zune in my car and also listen to it through my truck's speakers.

10. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm still using the regular 120gb I bought 3 years ago. I will get an HD when the storage comes up a bit. Currently even at 32gb I would have to pick and choose what goes on it where my 120gb has all my CDs with plenty of room for marketplace downloads. Granted I don't listen to alot of what I have on CD most of the time but I like having the option.

11. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    I do wish the Zune HD held more, tempted to spring for the 64GB but I don't have that many songs and not a whole lot of videos to put on it right away. After I get it I'm fixing my gaming PC, then buying an HD Camcorder (to preserve memories and possibly do toy reviews) then I'm buying a laptop after christmas, prolly around tax time.

I'm wondering though, will I be able to download WTF@TFW to my Zune?

12. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    Yup. Vangelus should have the correct Zune subscription link posted in each of the Podcast threads.

13. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Good, now I just gotta wait till payday for my friend to get the cash so he can buy my iPod Touch off me. Then I'm slapping it all down for the 32GB Zune HD, some Skullcandy headphones/ear buds, protective skin and a mirror finish screen cover.