Customs: Getting a tax refund? Any kitbash related plans for the loot?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by big hank, Jan 23, 2009.

1. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Hey gang, I was just thinking, tax time is right around the corner for us U.S. Radicons, I was curious if anyone was putting their refund to good use!

I personally am usually good for $1000-1500 return. While I'd love to say I'm gonna use it all to nab that elusive G1 figger I've been wanting, or get caught up on my Classics and Animated lines, the simple truth is I'll be putting the majority of the loot towards bills.

I do however, plan on splurging on some nice precision calipers/micrometers and a nice compact drill press/miller/lathe!

Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

I have been eyeball measuring all my fabrication for too long, and feel I need to make the investment. As of now, I don't have the tools to allow my hands to do what my mind sees. This will be my one big toy for the year most likely, so I want something I know I'll enjoy using. If I can squeeze a new airbrush and compressor in the budget, all the better!

So gang, do you have plans for any additional cash that may be getting into your hot little hands? This question is directed at our whole Radicon community, worldwide. I simply used my refund as an example of where my "extra" money will be coming from. Love to hear you folks' plans!:thumbs2: 

2. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IF! i get any money this year i will probably just save it. I try to only buy toys from the money I get from customs after all bills are paid, helps me keep spending down even though I break my own rule from time to time.(all the time)

Edit* Does anyone know if that tax refund from the government is going to happen again this year?

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Depends on how much I'll be getting back, but I'll likely pick up some exclusives I've missed like the Magnus CC armor set and the two Henkei Coneheads, anything else I'm missing for Devastator at the time, and whatever catches my fancy.

I think most of it will be going to rent and bills though. And taking my girlfriend out, she's been patient as I blow loads and loads of paycheck on TFs. She deserves it.

4. MacrossFA19

MacrossFA19 That son of a bitch!!!

Ebay:
    honestly....Hell yeah! I am usually good for a nice chunk of dough. Hopefully some of the newer wave figures will be still be available next month. So many ideas, so little time.

Also gotta get a moisture trap for my airbrush, some new paints (for some reason they all dried in thier jars), and some new tools.

5. zgraham

zgraham Well-Known Member

My wife usually takes care of any refund we get. I have an extra job in the summer. I have already decided with that money I am going to buy an air brush kit. I am trying to decide what compresser to buy. There are a few other things I would like to pick up, but how much I spend on the movie line will determine what else I can get.

6. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

well i will be buying some more silicone and resin and hopefully will be able to sell my OP jet pack as a kit this year as well as some other goodies not just your typical g1 re pro's.

also i am going to cry into my pillow if i cant get MP GRIMLOCK this year

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I never make plans to spend money that we may or may not get. Regarding taxes specifically, I mainly concern myself with not having to pay. Being self-employed has it's benefits, but paying self-employment tax ain't one of them.

On the topic of taxes, I certainly hope that everyone who's made a "full-time" venture from customs commissions report and file your taxes rightly :wink: 

8. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I'll be finishing my basement.

If there is some extra, I'm going to buy a nice airbrush, probably and Iwata.