Getting a PSP tomorrow, recommend some games...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by CripNite, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well it's not point and click like Diablo, but it's the same play mechanics, also like Champions of Norrath. The difference in this game is that it has a much more open world, and you can choose from three pre-made characters with their own storyline. You get NPC companians, and you explore a decent-sized overworld map, and plenty of varrying locations, including some cool hidden ones. It's one of the games that has lasted me the longest on the system, and at a cheap price, it's a definite win.

2. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    I got WWE Smackdown vs. Raw for 4.99 new yesterday as well as Secret Agent Clank. I downloaded Demos for God of War (wow... have I been missing out on this all this time?), Wipeout Pure (more of the same), Echochrome (wha?), Harvey Birdman (pure fun!) and some other game that I forget at the moment and haven't played yet because my PSP's battery ran out (lasted a day!).

I should have had one of these a long time ago. I really like the connectivity with the PS3. Being able to watch movies off of a card in the PS3's slot on the PSP no matter where I am is FANTASTIC.

3. CripNite

News Credits:
    So I finally managed to track down a new copy of Me and My Katamari on friday, in the last place I could possibly imagine to look (where I bought my copy of the original Katamari Damacy!).

Wow... this game is rad. A ton of music tracks from the first two games and a bunch of new ones to boot. The levels are a little repetitive (5cm->20cm, 20cm->1.5m, 1.5m-10m, 10m-70m, 70m-300m, 500m->whatever), but of course, they're varied between time of day, weather, and what is lying around. There are a few other "special" levels but those really only used once each (which is a shame!). The 2D version of the game over the credits is pure old-school goodness.

My one complaint is that I've experienced something that I haven't had in like 15 years. Nintendo Thumb. I remember my mom making me thumb protectors when I had my NES as I'd play it until my thumbs hurt. Well the D-pad on the PSP has caused me the same kind of pain due to this game.

Movies seem pretty hard to find for the PSP... I remember there was a time when they seemed rather plentiful, but now they're almost non-existent. Is this just because they're rather unpopular in the UMD format, or are they just not being made anymore?

4. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sony plans on releasing at least 4 UMDs each fiscal quarter for about $10-$15 it seems. Kind of says UMD is pretty much dead. But I must admit, with TV-Out I've been buying a bunch of UMD movies from Walmart (eh, I don't like 'em either) from their 2/$10 bin. Some good movies, some bad.

5. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mega Man Maverick Hunter X and Mega Man Powered Up are both good.

6. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I've always favored the Lego games; both SW and Indy Jones. Lego Batman looks to be pretty good. Anything Megaman is awesome, for the most part.

7. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    Aw man. You could have gotten the new PSP Brite.
    I recommend Need for speed Carbon Own the city. It's a good Handheld racer with free Roam and cops.

8. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    If your looking for a bundle with a assortment i have a 9 game/movie lot in my sale thread.All still work fine and a great price.

9. CripNite

News Credits:
    Huh... it's too bad my Wal-mart doesn't have any UMD's in their 2/$10 bin. I'd be inclined to pick up a couple. Looks like it's downloading to the stick for me.

10. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
    Secret Agent Clank
    Daxter