Getting a PS3 slim. Should I get the Move bundle or not?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Hook, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    There's a $100 difference between the plain, no frills 160Gb model and the 320Gb Move bundle.

Doubling the HD space is good enough a reason to pay the extra $100, and the Move controller looks like a fun gimmick, but I'm afraid it'll become a gimmick I won't use it down the road if Sony doesn't back it up with a good library of software.

Thoughts?

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It really depends. How much do you see yourself using motion gaming? A ton of titles are going to wind up with tacked on Movie controls. Can you see yourself gravitating towards that as opposed to standard controls?

Your answer to that question is likely the answer you're looking for.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    You can get a bigger HDD for less than $100.

The move/kinect junk ALL looks silly to me. Maybe fun for about 5 minutes and then forgotten.

4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, get the cheaper one and some games.:2c: .

Sony has a motion controller now, called Sixaxis and few games took advantage of it. The only major title I can remember using it is Killzone 2 but it only was useful in the first level, to turn a few wheels.

If you want the bigger HD, just get one off newegg/buy and install it yourself. Its still a very simple process.

I doubt the new motion controls last long because you need developers to adopt the technology and by the time that happens... PS4/Xbox 720 will be out.

It took developers years to figure out the PS3 power.

5. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

If you're worried about support, a lot of older games have already been patched to work with the move and many of their bigger up and coming titles are slated to have it built in as well. I can't honestly see Sony not releasing a shooter anymore without Move being an option.

But ultimately, it's whether or not you'll ever use it that should make the difference. Does the bundle at least come with a game?

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't regret getting a Move. If it's not a huge break in your bank, and your curious about it, I'd recommend it. But see if you can find a kiosk somewhere to try it.

See, with that bundle, you get the PSeye, and that thing is pretty useful for video chats, and even works as a standup mic, should you need to charge your headset. The bundle comes with pretty much the $100 move bundle, which includes the sports game

But we are still loving Sports Championship, and some games are getting patches with Move support. Some nice additions like Heavy Rain, and some decent ones like Hustle King and High Velocity Bowling.

7. Hook

Facebook:
    We don't have a Wii at home, so I could see Move get some decent family time, provided a good game comes along. If we could get a LBP-grade Move game, it would be awesome.

Is Sports Championship similar to Wii Sports?

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LBP 2 is going to have full Move Support, especially for building.

Sports Championship is pretty much Wiisports. The difference is seen in the events like PingPong, where you can actually step towards the screen and you will see your paddle actually move forward over the table, thus allowing you to play net (which my fiance hates). It measures height in the bow and arrow game, so if I kneel down, the perspective changes, and if I turn my bow gangsta' style, the bow turns immediately. I can't vouch for Wii Sports Plus, so I can't fairly compare, but the sword and shield stuff on Champions is really cool, especially if you have two dildo controllers. One becomes your shield and the other is your sword, which supports 1:1 movement.

My friends were slicing madly at eachother and I told them to calm down and time their hits. So if you make a huge overheard swing, and connect with the head, you will do some damage. Playing against the tougher computer gives you a fun work out, because they block everything and you have to go for the legs when they take a swing.

Dunno how old your kid(s) are, but if they are just young enough, Eyepet kicks ass (but don't buy it for yourself, lol). And Start the Party is a fun drinking game and shows off the augumented reality of the Move better than any other game.

9. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Plus, the pure Move games will be cheaper then standard PS3 games. So stuff like Eyepet and Start the Party will only cost 40 new instead of 60. Also, that wizard game looks pretty fun.

As for more "mature" games, Heavy Rain and MAG (the massive FPS) both have move support patched in iirc. I know for certain MAG does, as people are saying once you get used to it you gain a lot more accuracy while firing on the move. I know I was much better at FPSs on the Wii with the the more accurate controls so new Sony shooters on the PS3 should be that much more fun with the Move controller.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's also that Fighting game, but I can't say if it will be good or not just yet.

11. Hook

Facebook:
    Hmm. Interesting. There's also Killzone 3 that'll support Move, which should be fun to try.

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure about FPS, but some people say it works. My problem with them is that with dual shock, your right stick turns. If your Move Controller has quicker aim, how do you turn? Does your pointer reach the end of the screen and then you begin to turn? That seems like it would slow me down.

Also Hook, the Move allows you to summon Eddie.

13. Hook

Facebook:
    SOLD!!!