Customs: gettin the pins out of ramjet?????

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by primenemesis, Jul 30, 2007.

1. primenemesis

primenemesis Banned

Ebay:
    How do I get the pins out of classics ramjet trying to take all apart have no luck with the punch and hammer bit. advise please !

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
  3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
  4. guarddog8471

guarddog8471 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Put something underneath that will let the pin puncture it as you tap it out. Look for the smooth end of the pin, as this is the end they did not tap in at the factory. Try to hold the piece steady, and tap away. Get the pin out enough so that a pair of needle nose pliers will grab a hold of it, and pull it the rest of the way out.

5. guarddog8471

guarddog8471 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Put something underneath that will let the pin puncture it as you tap it out. Look for the smooth end of the pin, as this is the end they did not tap in at the factory. Try to hold the piece steady, and tap away. Get the pin out enough so that a pair of needle nose pliers will grab a hold of it, and pull it the rest of the way out.

6. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    If Lobo's guide doesn't help...and you've tried Gaurddog8471 tip...which BTW is exactly how I do it with Alts....contact Sami....she's done a bunch of Classics Seekers....she may be able to help you out.

7. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    If Lobo's guide doesn't help...and you've tried Gaurddog8471 tip...which BTW is exactly how I do it with Alts....contact Sami....she's done a bunch of Classics Seekers....she may be able to help you out.

8. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I have tried all these methods and I still can't get my pins out of Alt Rumble. Looks like it's going to be all tape for this one.

9. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I have tried all these methods and I still can't get my pins out of Alt Rumble. Looks like it's going to be all tape for this one.

10. kobayashi maru

kobayashi maru Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Guess it depends which pins you're aiming for. Mine came out ok, just follow the guides already mentioned. Make sure you're using a blunt nail that's skinnier than the pin and don't force it. If the side you're trying won't go after a bit, you're probably hitting the wrong one. I did that on one of the feet pins, thankfully it didn't bust anything up too badly.

11. kobayashi maru

kobayashi maru Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Guess it depends which pins you're aiming for. Mine came out ok, just follow the guides already mentioned. Make sure you're using a blunt nail that's skinnier than the pin and don't force it. If the side you're trying won't go after a bit, you're probably hitting the wrong one. I did that on one of the feet pins, thankfully it didn't bust anything up too badly.

12. primenemesis

primenemesis Banned

Ebay:
    hey I got one pin out I taped it out the wrong way it cracked the plastic a little but it came out. it's so hard to tell wich part of the pin they hit from the factory.

13. primenemesis

primenemesis Banned

Ebay:
    hey I got one pin out I taped it out the wrong way it cracked the plastic a little but it came out. it's so hard to tell wich part of the pin they hit from the factory.

14. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    It's not always foolproof but some of the pins have a smaller rounded tip on the end that was put thru the tf. They do that on some to make it go easier, kind of like a nail. I still have pins that I can't figure out either way but I have learned a technique that helps and I think Ops and LOBO both mention it and it's that if it seems way to difficult to come out, then you are probably going the wrong way. Even if you can get the pin to move just little bit, you can see if the rounded part is smooth or rough and you want to pull away from the tf using the rough end.

15. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    It's not always foolproof but some of the pins have a smaller rounded tip on the end that was put thru the tf. They do that on some to make it go easier, kind of like a nail. I still have pins that I can't figure out either way but I have learned a technique that helps and I think Ops and LOBO both mention it and it's that if it seems way to difficult to come out, then you are probably going the wrong way. Even if you can get the pin to move just little bit, you can see if the rounded part is smooth or rough and you want to pull away from the tf using the rough end.