Getcha bludgeoning weapons!

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Benjdude, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Benjdude

Benjdude Member

Have a medieval urge? Don't fight it, flaunt it!

My Shapeways store now offers a variety of "offensive flattening tools" in the form of maces and hammers. Each one is unique and custom designed by yours truly. Some drew inspiration across the web while others were conjured up by my own crazy brain.

I have included many pics which are rendered (I have learned by sad experience that my painting kung fu is weak...). Each piece has a 5mm handle to be used by any standard sized peg.

Perhaps the most important aspect left out of the pictures is the massive size of these weapons, the largest of which measures 4.3 inches long and 2.5 inches wide! Get out your rulers, that makes this hammer nearly the size of a deluxe class figure! The large scale was to make the weapons look realistically sized for large or medium-sized figures.

A lot of work went into these and I hope you will all think they are as awesome as I do. Come by and check them out!

As usual I accept comments, questions, suggestions, and constructive criticism.

Attached Files:

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Those look damn impressive. I was just throwing them in my cart to be added to my growing order... until I noticed the price.

As cool as big weapons are, dude, I'm not dropping $20+ for a single hammer.

I'd suggest cutting out the underside so the weapons themselves are hallow and thus hopefully lowering the price. If that doesn't do it, then scale them down I guess. I'd pop on a couple for $10-ish each. You could also hollow the handles as well.

3. Benjdude

Benjdude Member

You sir, make an excellent point. I realize that these are expensive but I thought the large scale of the weapons would offset it a bit. I will need to redesign some of these to make them cheaper but it's not impossible. Expect a post with the redesigns soon. Sorry, and thanks for the feedback. I hope the new designs will catch your attention! :) 

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hey don't appologize. Comically large weapons are always cool. I don't think it would be a bad idea to keep these or something like it up for sale even if you release smaller ones as well.

Perhaps I was a bit too authoritative because of sticker shock. I was just voicing my opinion and I am not the end all be all.

And yeah I'll be keeping an eye out for your work.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Do you have examples of these physically?

6. Benjdude

Benjdude Member

I wouldn't say they are comically large, they are about as long as a sword or staff. They tend to represent larger weapons so that they work well with the scale of deluxe and leader class figures. They would be comically large on a scout class figure.

I do not have physical copies of these, the reason is simple: I put out a lot of models at once and cannot afford to print them all. The only part that needs to fit is the handles which is a standard size. The thinnest any wall gets is 1mm meaning they can all be printed in any of the plastics offered by Shapeways.

7. C2567

C2567 Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHA! THE NAME IS EPIC :D  "Offensive Flattening Tools"

haha the guy who gets flattened is also offended !

8. Big Hache

Big Hache Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those are pretty cool. On the hammer with the relief skull, you may try making one side a separate piece that the end user attaches. That way the full interior of the hammer can be hollow. That would probably reduce the cost by more than half on that particular item.

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I can totally understand that, but this forum is for showcasing physical copies of artists' work.