Get Togethers - What do you think of them?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by CURAMEN, Aug 16, 2010.

1. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
  2. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A few of us UKers have had them before, usually at Auto Assembly - our most recent non-con meet-up was last November. Had a great time hanging out. In fact, the conventions have become less about toy-buying and more about becoming a big social gathering. :D 

3. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    I keep trying to make on happen. But the rest of the Bamians aren't social :lol 

The sociality at Botcon was amazing, and I'm addicted.

4. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I'd really like to meet up with some fans, but I don't think there is a convention in British Columbia, and I can't travel far.

5. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Never been to a local meet up, we were suppose to have a Central FL one back in Jan, but as far as I know, nothing happened.

6. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    I'm crossing my fingers for the meetup we've been working on recently...should be going down on Sunday. If it comes off ok I'll post a more germane response here.

7. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I'd love a get together in the southern state of ALA but theirs no one where I live thats on here.

8. darthdevious

darthdevious Destroyer of Worlds

We do a fairly regular meetup in the Philadelphia area, I actualy made it to the last one, we had a nice crowd, had fun, ate some pizza...next one is a month away...hoping I can make it!

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

If they are anything like the meet up at Auto Assembly this year, then I think get togethers are AWESOME!

10. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I think conventions are the ideal place because you can talk about life or toys and nobody gives you a second look. Out in the wider world it always feels a little more awkward as talking about plastic figurines in a bar full of people watching football... yah.

Not that I'm strictly opposed to the latter, I just prefer a larger gathering, more scope for meeting more like-minded peoples.

11. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    You close nuff to Huntsville?

12. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Never been to local get-togethers. Most of the fans here in Michigan live mostly around the metro Detroit area, of which I feel the most uncomfortable driving to. If there were fans who lived much closer to where I live, or hold a get-together somewhere closer to where I live, I would really put a lot of effort in attending.

Only got to meet 1 fellow TFW in real life, though: Maximus Prime. Bought a couple figures from him a few years ago.

If anything, I will be lucky if I can get to a con and meet fellow TFW members there.