Get this!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kup-is-Dion, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

WreckGar and Perceptor are nowhere to be found, and my local TRU has the freaking DOM OP PREVIEW FIG!!!!!! Those of you who are in bad distribution areas my end up screwed after all!!! Dammit!

2. Dex17113

Dex17113 Well-Known Member

Yeah it's the same story at mine....

The only difference is they did have those two a few weeks ago and I picked them up then. Though I will tell you unless you got there right when the put them out like I did...you got nothing.

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I still have hope for getting the Voyagers at retail...

4. Dex17113

Dex17113 Well-Known Member

I was able to get an extra of Scourge, Jazz, and Tracks....figured at some point I can leverage them for a good trade or something down the line.

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I live and work in the Greater Toronto Area. In all my years of collecting the only figures I never saw at retail were Energon Energon Jetfire and Energon Energon Cliffjumper (Beachcomber)

With enough patience every figure, well most, eventually sit on pegs for a while.

6. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    try living in stratford lol, one zellers, still sitting on their rotf sideways, online is the only way to shop

7. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never did see an ROTF Skystalker at retail...

8. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    'Gar and co. are clogging the local Target here. u mad>?

And that Prime hasn't hit my area yet. Saw in Sandy.

9. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That has nothing to do with distribution. Do people think the ROTS figures are stuck in a truck on the side of the road? The preview figure showed up so fast because it's a new sku, just like Hotrod & Cyclonus. Wreck gar and Perceptor are hard to find because of all hftd stuff sitting on pegs.

Option 1:buy the crap on your pegs, donate them, and hope they order more
    Option 2:buy the figures you want online
    Option 3:be patient
    whining and being angry does nothing

10. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

I think you missed the point there sparky. The DOTM stuff is now on the pegs that should be holding Wreckgar and Perceptor. I already buy my stuff online and the distribution where I live in middle America does suck. And it's not ROTS it's RTS. If you're going to attempt to school me, at least get your acronyms right.

11. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Distribution is bad in a lot of areas. No real need to get so upset about it especially since you said you buy your stuff online anyway.

12. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sparky? Really?
    I wasn't trying to school you, your education is not my concern. However, these constant "I can't find my toys threads" are just plain annoying. If you want to disregard my opinion over a typo go ahead I couldn't care less.

Regardless of what peg Dotm toys are sitting on they are actually proof the distribution in your area works just fine. You got a new product the same time as everybody else. That is a sign of good distribution. Your issue is more then likely that the sales in your area suck so your stores place less orders causing missed waves. Regardless your options are the same, oh wait...

Option 4: MOVE

13. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I've been privvy to see every deluxe figure from every wave released at retail so far this year, BUT Wreck-Gar. It's like I'll see all his wave-mates chilling on the shelf kickin' it...but he's nowhere to be seen. I almost wanna make a milk carton for him. To be fair, I did only see one Perceptor so far too..but I knew I wouldn't likely see him on a peg again...and nabbed his nerdy ass.

14. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

It was impulse complaining after yet another trip to TRU. I don't like having to pay almost 50 to get two figures like I did for Wreckgar and Perceptor.

15. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

Sparky, yes. Look at your avatar.

16. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not a bit surprised. This is exactly why I got Wheeljack from BBTS. In a little over a month they'll start actively making space for DOTM toys on shelves. There will be a number of figures that many places just won't see until they pop out of the stock room with no rhyme or reason a year and half from now.

17. TheRhymenoceros

TheRhymenoceros Derp.

What you've gotta remember is that most stores (including the one I work for) don't see RTS, HFTD, ROTF etc, the way they work is usually based on the classes, so if the shelves are still full of ROTF and HFTD shelfwarmers it's really unlikely you'll get RTS at all.

But hey, we only got wave 1 of generations and up to wave 2 of HFTD, I really do feel your pain.

18. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Hey, we're still stuck with a couple HFTD figures and nothing else! (also Tuner Mudflap) NOTHING else came after them and they're mostly sold out.

You guys should be thankful.

19. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've worked at Target since Energon was in stores. I've seen most things in store (though I didn't pay attention much to the movie lines) but the total lack of restocking right now is probably the worst I've ever seen. The newest figure I've seen at retail (at my store and a few others in the area) is Thunderwing. That was early December I think. So no, patience doesn't solve everything.

20. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well you know what? Here we get Hasbro's leftovers, if we ever get anything! We got a random assortment of ROTF that arrived in the summer of last year and one of our supermarkets got some Animated in for Christmas. Oh yeah, and even if a figure makes it here, a Deluxe can cost up to $40. Added to that, I don't have the option of shopping online and it's even slimmer pickings for me.