Get HFTD Battle Blades Bumblebee now or Wait til after TF3?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Z.U.D.O.N, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Z.U.D.O.N

Z.U.D.O.N Camshaft's Master

Hi guys. I have seen pics and reviews about HFTD Battle Blades BB and he's fantastic! I have not yet bought myself a movie BB figure just because there was no best screen accurate BB til now. I don't include HA BB because I cannot afford HA figures at the moment.

But since TF3 will be out next year, and BB will have a slight deco change, should I wait till after TF3 comes out and hope that the new BB will be a repainted and possibly improved Battle Blades BB? Or should I just purchase HFTD Battle Blades BB now?

Looking forward to your comments!

-Z.U.D.O.N

2. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

It all depends on how much you want one. If you want a Bumblebee right away, go for it. If you can wait, there will be hordes of them for the next movie. He's a popular character; there won't be a shortage of figures.

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Go to TRU and get it now. BOGO 50% off

4. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm kind of facing the same dilemma you are (except I already have a M1 Bumblebee). I want to have the definitive deluxe BB without having twenty different versions of him. It's more of a space issue then anything for me. Unless you are dying for one now, I would probably continue to hold out for two reasons:

1) BB Bumblebee is incredibly accurate to the movie version as of now, but TF3 may bring some further changes to the character (though probably nothing groundbreaking). If nothing else, he may get at least a new weapon and some slight aesthetic changes. Though its hard to believe, perhaps a future version may be even more accurate.

2) If you decide you want BB Bumblebee later down the road, we are undoubtedly going to end up with 10+ versions of him. Getting your hands on the mold probably won't be a problem. Maybe they will even fix that axe.

With how popular he is, there will probably always be another version of him on the horizon (for at least the next two years, or however long they decide to milk the M3 line). However, since the next movie may very well be the last version of Bayformers, you will be able to select the deluxe Bee you like the most.

5. Megablah

Megablah Likes Universe Galvatron but dislikes TR Galvatron Veteran

News Credits:
    If you can wait, I would suggest waiting.

Based on Hasbro's record of releasing BBs, there will be a more accurate one with better gimmicks when TF3 comes out. Also, Battle Blade BB will be repainted about a gazillion times as well (possibly with a more accurate paint job, possibly looking like a KO) so you'll have no problems getting that in the future.

6. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    I agree with waiting. To be frank, after every movie, I go out and buy most of the toys, then comes the next movie, and I end up selling the first movie toys to buy the next movie toys. I see the third movie doing this same trend, as well as any after.

7. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hard to say. They may improve on him or they may not. I can't even count how many BB deluxe toys there have been now. Out of all those toys, I only regard 3 as being worth while.

1. The very expensive gold Lawson's version on the 70's camero (it's amazing what a good paint job will do).

2. Premium BB- This is probably THE most movie accurate one made so far. Also second to lawson's- the best paint job a deluxe BB has had yet.

3. Battle Blades BB- The only accurate BB head on a deluxe so far. Many details of the sculpt blow all other versions away, but over all the body shape is less movie accurate than Premium BB.

I'm torn now on whether to display battle blades or premium (at the moment it's battle blades just because he's newer).

Just to add to the confusion- there have been at least 6 versions of ironhide now, and I still think the original was the best over all (granted I did buy the nest version and swap on the better head).

So I have no doubt we'll get a minimum of 3 more deluxe BB's for the next movie. Will any of them be superior to the best ones already out? Possible, but I wouldn't count on it. I'd probably get battle blades now just because he's cheap, and then you have him. If none of the new ones are improvements and you wait to long, he'll cost more on ebay later.

It's a tough call. For me the biggest question was just is $11 a big purchase- not really.

I've ended up liking him way more than I expected to.

I'm mildly tempted to buy a second one, the take a saw to him and see if I can manage to get the body parts into the right places with a little glue. He wouldn't transform any more, but I might actually end up with a perfect Bumblebee bot.

8. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I was all ready to get this figure as well, and then it kind of hit me that there's going to be a TF3 line. So I'm thinking I may just wait and see what they do for that. Especially since there are slight changes to his alt-mode for the third film. Small details like the racing strips and a spoiler, but still, enough of a excuse to justify buying anothing Deluxe Bee.

9. Astroscream

Astroscream News Cred > Street Cred

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would suggest looking for it on Amazon.com this December.

10. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Short answer: wait till after TF3.

Rather short answer: I would suggest stop buying any movie toys from now on and wait a year after the third movie is out. By then, you'll have the definitive figures of all autobots and decepticons... (I HOPE!)

Lengthy answer: I mean if you trace back to the first movie, the movie figures are evolving in a very brilliant way. One can only assume that by the time the third movie is out, there would be much better figures than what we have on the market today. A year after the third movie is out in cinemas, I think we'll mucho better figures.

11. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you want "the deffinitive movie bb" each movie has had a change to to character. That said. If you want a definitive M2 bb, this is your definite choice as, to me, it blows the rest out of the water. If they remolded this into the movie 1 concept camaro, I'd be all over that one to replace the one I've got.

12. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would generally agree that more of the characters with multiple versions have improved than not improved, but I think it varies from case to case.

I certainly do have multiple versions of several figures where I wouldn't have bought the early iterations if the later ones had been around. But I've also seen plenty of "improvements" that were really more just steps sideways or backwards. BB especially has had a lot of useless reworkings that seemed more focused on putting more toy on shelves than on actually improving him. I think it's anybodies guess if he'll get better or not.

The other question will be if they take this mold and rework it like they did with 1st movie BB to make it into his new car, will they run into the famous problems again of mold degradation and parts not fitting quite right that they had when they updated BB for ROTF?

13. catz

catz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    @ yongkykun: that might be true IF bumblebee designs still remains the same in TF3

if not, this would be the best Movie 1+2 toy representation of the characters, but there's always room for improvement

to the TS: if you wait until the best toy design available for the character is produced, You might not be buying anything at all

14. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Well, judging from the fact that it doesn't take more than 2 years for Bay to make the 3rd movie, it would be cost ineffective if they were to make a different version of BB. Besides, so far the differences between one movie to the next have been minor cosmetic changes, but the basic form of each character remains the same.

15. Toa Shockimus

Toa Shockimus Gundam/TF/Bionicle fan.

Like you mentioned in your comic awhile ago, you said characters that appeared in the movies are more expensive than the other non-movie tfs. If it's overpriced by a lot then it depends on how much. If he's the same price as Brawn was, I say go for it. Either way, still your call man.

16. prowl26

prowl26 Well-Known Member

Yeah, except for the awesome "off-screen" figures we are getting I will wait until after the third movie line débuts to get newer figures.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I say buy him now. Buy him now before they whore out Battle Blade Bumblebee in TF3,Battle Blade bumblebee will have the least amount of strain on his automorph.

18. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So is TF3 BB not a convertible then? Guess I missed that...

19. Z.U.D.O.N

Z.U.D.O.N Camshaft's Master

You're both right. I do want to wait till the best movie BB is out, and by far the original M1 BB and the latest HFTD Battle Blades BB are the best ones, only each have their own good points and flaws and neither are really screen-accurate.. =S

Yup. I have made my decision. I'll just wait till after TF3 is out. Haha. One of the reasons is because of the Battle Blades BB leg issues I've been reading about.

I understand what you mean. Although TF3 is coming out, we will not know yet whether the newer BB's will be better or worse..

I know a shop or two that still sells a few M1 and M2 figures even now. They overprice the TFs a little and TFs are really expensive in Malaysia, so their stock don't move so fast. :lol 

So if at all I wanna grab Battle Blades BB after TF3, I can go to those shops. :)  And yes, I'm still gonna wait till after TF3.

Not just movie figures man. ALL figures! A Deluxe TF here costs about USD 19 (based on latest currency exchange rates)!! >.< So, yeah you can do the math and approximate the prices of the other TF classes..

I only bought Brawn in that particular store (where he's overpriced) because I can't find him anywhere else. :lol  And ordering him from online stores will still be costly as I have to pay for shipping charges and taxes.. >.>

Haha. I understand what you mean though. :)  I'll still wait til after TF3. :) 

-------

Thanks guys!! :D 

20. hotrod422

hotrod422 Well-Known Member

If you are trying to save a dollar, and want to get the most accurate figure, I say wait. Yes, having him now would be great, but not if you get him for the sake of getting him.