Gestalt Review - Thunder Mayhem

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by BigTFTrev, Aug 12, 2016.

1. BigTFTrev

BigTFTrev Well-Known Member

Thunder Mayhem is made up of the 5 members of the Mayhem Attack Squad, Grabuge (Ruckus), Windsweeper, Spinister, Needlenose and Bludgeon.

[​IMG]

The reasoning behind the combined mode is that Thunderwing, not Bludgeon, was the leader of the Mayhem Attack Squad so their combined mode becomes an homage to him. The Thunderwing head is very good, perhaps with more expression than any of the Gestalts from both the CW and UW lines – got a real psychotic sneer to him!

[​IMG]
    (Damn you photobucket! Maybe a mod here can rotate the photo)

The colour scheme however is a real hodge-podge. It’s pretty unavoidable considering the different characters that make up this Combiner but when compared to the likes of Superion, Defensor and Devastator you see why having team-mates with similar colour schemes is a good move for Combiner groups to have. Bright greens, dull reds, purples, yellows, greys, blues etc etc – it looks like Primus swallowed a kids paint palette then threw up on the poor guy. But he is supposed to be a monstrosity powered by a corrupted matrix so monster-wise it works.

The dimensions are like all the other recent combiners, the legs are a bit stubby and the feet too small whilst the arms are almost orangutan like in their length. But Thunder Mayhem in the end is no worse for wear than any of the others and considering he is made up of 2 jets, a helicopter, a ute and an anti-aircraft truck you can forgive these imperfections.

[​IMG]

Weapons-wise Bludgeons twin-swords match his stature quite well and of course you can take the cannons off the back for him to use as pistols. It’s a shame there is no clear place for the four Targemaster partners to go – plenty of places to connect them but none really seem to fit and they look ludicrously small in his hands.

So overall a freaky-yet fun Gestalt and a pretty cool combiner group. For the most part I will be keeping the Mayhem Attack Squad separate so I can finally have the likes of Windsweeper and Ruckus sitting in my Generations Display.

[​IMG]

For a full review of the 5 bots of the Mayhem Attack Squad, please see my blog HERE.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Crayola combiner!

3. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    How much does it cost to get the whole combiner?

4. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this is new to me..never even heard of it

5. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Not really bothered to combine them because as you said I now have a Windsweeper, Ruckus, etc on my Classics shelf. Great review by the way, checked out your blog too, good job!

6. BigTFTrev

BigTFTrev Well-Known Member

Heh - thats what I thought but I didn't know if these days people would get the reference :tongue: 

You can only get it as part of the TFSS 4.0 which has now closed. You can probably pick them up on the secondary market but it would cost a pretty penny ($200+). Hopefully when Funpub closes its TF doors they will have a big sale of all stock and they might chuck some out cheaply.

Thanks man, it's always nice to get some positive feedback. That put a smile on my face :) 

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just can't take them out of combined mode, it looks amazing. I can incorporate all the weapons except the Matrix by combining the TMs, pegging one double TM into the top of one combiner hand and the other in the bottom, and then pegging the swords into the top and bottom of the other hand.

Or, you can store the swords with a bit of finagling, but ONLY if you also store the back guns. The trick is to peg the guns through the holes in the swords. Saw that on Twitter I do believe.

8. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    man considering it was 5x $60... i paid that much for MT giant. really glad i passed on blunder mayhem

9. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Artist with a Temper

News Credits:
    I love CW, but that combiner head looks off. It looks really rubbery & it looks like it's floating above the body

10. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm surprised at how much I like this. I already wanted Ruckus, but if I could get the rest for cheap I'd consider it.

11. mrprime222000

mrprime222000 Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong I love this combiner, hew looks awesome and my love for combiner wars makes me want him, but I agree he's way to overpriced. now at the $100, maybe $130 price of a set I'd jump fast.