Customs: Gestalt Kitbashes

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Grimlock_king, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Grimlock_king

Grimlock_king Banned

For the love of god can some one put up how to connect bots for a gestalt kitbash. I am sick to death of asking and getting no help from no one and it is driving me insane! Come on guys help other kit bashers out by doing this so that you two can enjoy what you helped build.

2. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whats the problem?

I'm no expert but what I did was buy me some Neoshsifts/Bonicles from TRU.
    Use the connectors from them to combine the robot.

1) Get yourself the tools you need. Glue, Fix it sculpt, dremel or cutting tool.
    2) Pick out the bot you want to make and get all the bots needed.
    3) Start slicing and diceing!

There is a TON in info on this fourm in the how to section that can be a big help.

If you have a part your stuck on let us know!

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

4. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Newb Customizer

Take a look at these 2 threads on Devastator.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radic...ptitvites-devastator-technical-data-pics.html
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radic...214428-custom-devastator-wip-help-thread.html
    They go over several different ways to make the joints/combining work. You can apply these techniques to almost any custom combiner you make. If you want to look at a particular combiner in general...say something someone else did, search for it under the "heavy mods" and you should find it. A lot of times the artist will state in the forums what he/she used to make it work. Regardless, these should give you a great start. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Edit: You have foiled me again satomiblood:wink: 

5. Grimlock_king

Grimlock_king Banned

Actually I did do that with the defensor one some one did it was that amazing I asked for help i asked him 3 times all up twice here and once on youtube and he said nothing back. I admit these help with the arms a huge amount there and some what for the legs as well but as seeing as I am doing a 5 bot gestalt and not a 6 bot does any one know how to connect a classics inferno to a unicron torso OR connect it to a road bots torso?

6. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know about that, but take what you can out of those links and try diffrent things. Its all pretty much the same thing.

7. Grimlock_king

Grimlock_king Banned

well it's difficult I am trying to comprehend the connection piece between the two and so far I have now got a new way as all the new information is kind of getting processed in my head on ways to attach the attachments now and the parts on how to do it. Now all i got to do is get the connection pieces for the arms. The legs how ever I can do a connection piece onto them but other wise yeah it is proving to be quite difficult as I also have to figure out how to bash a inferno classic universe figure into a 1940's style truck so it represents motor master as well.

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    the number of bots means nothing, they still connect together. the number is merely a balance and aesthetics issue.

9. Grimlock_king

Grimlock_king Banned

I thought it would be considering the connection part to the gestalts waist line would be different to the devistator gestalt kit bash.