Gess Hoo!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Movebuster, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Movebuster

Movebuster Hiding True Intelligence

I apologise if this has been suggested before. But I think that Hasbro should get cracking on a Classics Sunstreaker/Sideswipe mold with a remade head and fists, painted in navy blue and orange, and with well-placed Autobot and Decepticon logos...

:D 

2. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe one of those 3rd party guys (i.e fansproject, justitoys, TFC toys etc.) might do it? (not Hasbro or Takara)

3. Movebuster

Someone here should do a digibash in the customs gallery... any takers?

4. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

How would the fists work both ways round?

5. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You just need to design a sliding thumb or one with a joint that allow it to flip back and forth. I think optimal optimus had soemthing like this. I get why people see this character in the mold but eh. I would rather have Red Alert or G2 sideswipe. Leave punch for a new mold or maybe botcon

6. Optimus Sledge

I'd guess Red Alert is more likely. Paint the Sideswipe version properly, replace or repaint the engine block and job's a good 'un. Besides, I want Red Alert a lot more than Punch/Counterpunch.

7. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

8. Movebuster

For the fists, I kind of saw something with a thumb which wrapped down all the way and under, so it looked the same either way, or even a pair of grippers or claws. The head would definitely have to be transformable so either side could alternately look like the back of a head, like the original.

That's great, but I never see the back of either robot mode. And it looks like the jetpack isn't in position either, which was the method I had in mind of concealing the faction insignia and changing the appearance of the torso slightly. Maybe with all that paint, it doesn't fit anymore. Still a well done robot and almost exactly like I envisioned!

9. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    This.

10. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
  11. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Would be cool for botcon, every custom i've seen so far (wow btw) has looked good. Would be kinda cool for next years botcon to get both Red Alert and P/CP, along with Grapple(inferno repaint course) maybe smokescreen if hasbro dosn't do one first, and probably somethin along the lines of Rachet from ironhides mold, again if Hasbro dosen't beat them to it.

12. Optimus Sledge

I don't want to start a big argument about Botcon exclusives again, but why would you wish for these things to be convention exclusives when they could just be released on the general market so everyone can buy them without selling a kidney? Besides, I'll be really surprised if Hasbro don't have plans for Grapple and Ratchet. Given the first couple of waves of Universe, it's clear they chosen characters with repaint potential. I'll be pretty surprised if we don't get Smokescreen and Red Alert (possibly as minor retools) on general release as well.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Most likely because Botcon exclusives are going to happen almost no matter what. Coming up with ideas for future ones sort of helps some people cope with them. Personally I hope that if we do get a Punch/Counterpunch retool/repaint of the mold, that we get Red Alert beforehand. Ratchet is one that I see Hasbro doing, but waiting a little while to make sure that you don't see Animated and Universe Ratchet on pegs at the same time. Smokescreen cold be a strate-up repaint of the Silverstreak retool of Prowl (the no lightbar thing was the one retool). It'd be cool to see him get some other mods, like a body kit of some sort, but I'll be happy enough with just a repaint.

14. Optimus Sledge

Oh, I totally accept that exclusive figures are going to happen. But I don't understand the point of asking for characters that seem to have mass market appeal. Shouldn't an exclusive character be something a little more obscure? A little more fanboi-ish?

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally I think that Punch/Counterpunch is fanboy-ish, and doesn't really have much if any mass market appeal. I'm not sure how well kids these days would like the concept, and there's really no way for us to know unless Hasbro does make him/them, then we would know that Hasbro new the concept would sell well to their target audience. Punch/Counterpunch, imo, is a perfect character for a Botcon exclusive. As far as I know, he's not nearly as iconic as most other characters. It the end, I'm guessing that most people would want to see Punch/Counterpunch get the Botcon treatment rather than either Red Alert or Smokescreen.

16. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Doityourselfbro > Hasbro

17. Optimus Sledge

I would agree completely. If Universe, or at least the Classics portion of it, is a G1 homage, Red or Smokescreen are far better choices. Yes, Counterpunch is a fairly cool concept, but I can't think of anything he's done other than get shot in "The Rebirth Part 1." Not something I see making the more casual fan rush to buy him. Whereas Red and Smokescreen have personalities that exist outside a few lines on the back of their G1 boxes.

18. EShadowP

EShadowP Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why would a casual fan have any more inclination to buy Red Alert or Smokescreen than Punch/Counterpunch? I thought the "casual" part of casual fan was because they wouldn't be as likely to know Red Alert from Smokescreen from Punch/Counterpunch. If anything it would be far easier to sell a vehicle that transforms into two different robots to casual fans and kids. Throw in the "spy" concept and your golden. What's Red Alert's selling point? He's a paranoid neurotic Fire Department decoed Security Director?

19. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Demon of Spelling?

20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    All I know is if a (hypothetical) new P/CP toy has a tech-spec with a motto quote, it better read "I heard my Autobot counterpart is nearby ... REAL nearby." :)