Geoff Johns leaving Justice Society

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Switchblade, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Comic Book Resources > CBR News: Geoff Johns Leaves "Justice Society of America"

After working with the JSA since its return in the late 90s, Geoff Johns is leaving the team behind. Not a huge surprise with the big and entirely pointless Barry Allen Flash return around the corner, but it's still a pity to see him go. Hopefully the new creators will keep up the high level of quality we've come to expect from the JSA.

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Hey he hung around longer than most writer, eventually they just have to leave a book before they get bored of it and it becomes bad. Then you end up with Clareimont stories. All I know is this means Johns will be doing another new book and I'll probably enjoy it. Depending on the writer though I may have to drop JSA. But booster gold is still holding up after johns left, it's a pity though that Teen titans fell apart after he left.

3. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

yeah, after he leaves, i might stick around with the next writer...we'll see, i need a reason to drop titles though...him leaving would be a good reason.

sucks cause JSA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JLA

4. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I completely agree, but if there's a title for him to leave behind, it's JSA. I'm much more excited for his Green Lantern, Flash and Superman work.

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Well that sucks, guess I'll be dropping JSA then. Though I'd him drop JSA tha Green Lantern.

6. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, i'm sad, but also thinking i may drop JSA and save some money...he says by the end of 2009 he'll be writing 3 ongoing, and we know one of those will be green lantern, just wonder what the other 2 will be...

7. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

JSA is the only comic that I get every month, and when he leaves, I'll stop buying. Too bad :( 

8. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess I'll drop JSA. I've been needing to drop a few titles, especially with the upcoming price increase. At least I'll still be able to enjoy his work in other DC titles.

9. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'm sad to see him go, but man that's definately how to end a story arc. JSA 22 ruled.A happy ending, we need more of these.

10. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Damn, that sucks. Like everyone else, I'd rather he leave this than GL. And maybe it will be like Booster Gold and maintain the level of quality. However also stated, Teen Titans fell completely apart to a level of being unable to be read.

I'll stick around for the first arc and see how it goes.

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The guys that write Fables are taking over when Johns leaves. I haven't read that book, but it has some good buzz around it, so the JSA should be in good hands.

12. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

ii really like Fables (best title i buy)...hopefully they can do JSA good too.

13. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Fables apparently is a great book. I should try to get into it. Everyone also says great things about 100 Bullets. But the only Virtigo book I get is Ex machina.