Customs: genrations trailbreaker from marvel IM2 hummer

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Biofan813, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Biofan813

Biofan813 Biofan813

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    UPDATE! 12/03
    pics added. Now i just need to being taking him apart for the spray paint process.
    [​IMG]
    UPDATE! 12/02
    Ran into a small set back. When i used the g1 TB head i did not realise that the head is two wide for the opening. Not a huge problem, I just need to sand down the sides of the head. I hate to do that because of the nice crome on his ears.

Got an old dicalone trailbreaker at a yard sale 10 years ago. been looking for the right project for him. Got a IM2 captan america hummer tf at my local olies for 10 bucks. Holwed out the head of g1 TB and hacked off poor IM's head. I started to paint, just a small smaple right now. apperently my "Testors black gloss paint" wont work on the guy because of the scale like surface of the hummer. any idea's.

Pics will follow.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  2. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

Off the top of my head, you have two options. You can take him apart and spray paint him, though the hinges are going to be a major problem as the paint will be rubbed off with transformation. The other option is to dye it black. While this is a much more effective and permanent solution, you're going to be effectively boiling a transformer and if you're not careful, some pieces may be damaged.

Personally I would recommend dyeing the figure first, to get rid of the joint rub issue, and than spray paint over it for a even, glossy finish.

Hope this helps.

3. Biofan813

Biofan813 Biofan813

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good lord! Ok well thankx for the help. also, what gun do you think i sould use for bot mode and vechail mode?

4. Quantum25

Since you have the Ironman version of the hummer mold, you can just use his gun and just mod it with some extra bits and pieces. If you happen to have Trailbreaker's gun, you could also kitbash the two guns together. I assume Ironman's gun can be mounted in vehicle mode, so I guess the modded version would be able to fit as well.

5. Biofan813

Biofan813 Biofan813

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dont belive trailbreaker ever had a gun, just a gun arm. But yes IM's gun can be mounted on top of the vehical.

6. Quantum25

Sorry, mistook his "Twin Blasters" for an actual gun. Though depending on whether or not you're going for a G1 cartoon look(with the gun arm) or the original toy look, he might not even need a new gun. Then again, if you happen to have any spare weapons lying around, you could cobble them up and come up with a new gun for Trailbreaker.

Just my thoughts.