Minor/Repaint: Generic Purple Seeker-guy Mighty Fight, O.K.!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by QmTablit, Nov 22, 2009.

1. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Or "Air Warrior," or "that miscolored Skywarp," or whatever you want to call him/them. I made one. And hey, I finished something!

Just a repaint I did in hopes of getting the hang of it for future projects. A learning experience more than anything (read: total disaster :lol ). Seriously though, I did enjoy painting this guy up and really want to get more Universe Starscreams to paint up as more Seekers and possibly even proper Rainmakers.

Anyway, the color might not seem as "purple" as it should, and that's easily the fault of TFWiki. See, their color on the Seeker article is described as being lavender. So when I went to buy my paints, despite knowing better, I buy Lavender. And that was what Lavender ended up looking like. Haha

Colors are Tamiya Lavender and Matt White sprays, Semi-Gloss Black, and Aluminum. Then given a coat of Tamiya Clear. I was considering painting up the stripes on the tailfins and wings, but the lack of confidence got the better of me. Maybe next time.

Also, sorry about the switch in backdrops. I thought the black gave a nice effect but found I couldn't take a single decent shot in bot mode.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He now proudly has a place on my shelf. Comments and critiques are more than welcome.

Attached Files:

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Holy sh*t that is awesome! The yellow thing you've got Mirage in, that is. Purple flying bot over there's great, too, but what i want to know is where you got that yellow thing from? Or is it just a custom construct from clear yellow Acrylic?

3. QmTablit

4. skycolt

skycolt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    although it's not the typical cartoon color, it looks cool. I really like this appearance.

5. skycolt

skycolt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    the yellow thing should come from tfc-004

6. QmTablit

Thanks. Yeah, it wasn't exactly the color I was going for either. But hey, that's what's great about the Seeker mold. You can mess up the colors all you want and designate it "Seeker."

I'll definitely be trying a proper purple one the next time around.
    Are you saying it came in the set or that it should have? Because I never bought the Gear of War set. I bought this at The Container Store along with those "Energon Cubes."

7. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks great. The purple seems similar to the color I used for mine. Although it is not. I hope you do get some more to repaint as I like seeing the color schemes that people come up with for this mold.

8. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice. I like that shade of purple. Saying that, I like any shade of purple..... :p 

9. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Intentional or unintentional, I really like this particular paint app. It brings 'Purple Rain' to mind, which imo is a good thing.

Don't change a thing anymore !

10. QmTablit

Thanks. Yeah, I hope so too. Definitely want to do a lighter purple Seeker and some highligher-color Rainmakers.
    As am I, to be honest. It's become my favorite color since I grew out of my "black" and "silver" phases. I've been big on white and purples lately.
    Haha. I should start titling threads after Prince songs- "Raspberry Beret" for Flint, "Little Red Corvette" for uhh... Tracks, yeah.

Thanks though, I'm pretty much done with this. Only thing I might add would be faction symbols.

11. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    looks real good. he just needs a proper name. :D  and love the cubes.

12. QmTablit

Thanks. He does need a proper name. But I think my issue initially was that even I was unsure of exactly who it was I was looking to make here.

If I was going for this guy-

[​IMG]

- as it mostly looks like I was, then I guess the lack of any names kind of suits me fine. They're grunts, and "Seekers" sum them up just fine, like Scourge's Sweeps.

Though if I were going for this guy-

[​IMG]

- then yeah, HE needs a name. Sunstorm there in the background gets all kind of repaint love, and he gets the shaft. Hell, the additional stripe on the wings imply, in my mind anyway, that he ranks higher than the Generic Seekers shown on Earth.

Attached Files: