Generations Waspinator

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by LazyAza, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    His one shoulder finally cracked, lol.

2. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

New Waspinator owner. What should I watch out for? Is it just the socket of the shoulders that cracks?
    Thanks

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's along the pin joint used to fold the shoulders in closer to the body for wasp mode that cracks are likely to appear.

4. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

So, with the wave 3 reissue, does anyone know if his shoulders are still horribly breakable?

5. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's what I'm wondering, I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

6. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone actually had his shoulder(s) break and be unusable or just some stress marks/ small cracks?

7. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some people have. I think it depends on how often you transform him

8. NotRamjet97

News Credits:
    Just opened my Waspinator, had some stress right out of the package.

9. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

Love the robot mode, but I doubt there'll be a risk of him getting worn out though transformation. Not fond of the beast mode.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Damn, my Waspinator's right beast mode foreleg is stuck in robot mode position. I tried to move it, and it flexed kind of scary. May try the freezer trick, but it's so thin. And yet the shoulder hinges on mine are smooth and fine. So far.

Gorgeous figure. Just amazing. Will gladly replace my original with this.

11. NotRamjet97

News Credits:
    I've transformed this guy several times, and the stress isn't getting any worse, though I'm being super carefully.

12. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Had this guy for two days now, been transforming him non stop since he's beautiful. Left shoulder has a TINY stress mark, likely from the pin beign inserted. Right is totally clean. Neitehr joint feels too tight or awkward. Hinges smooth as butter. I guess this re-release really did fix the issue.

Really, he's just great. He was the middle child of my package, but man there's so much done right here. The entire robot mode is excellent, but the headsculpt is nearly flawless. Unless I'm holding it next to the show I'd swear is was made from the model. The transformation feels like a very clever way of keeping a good wasp likeness but maintaining the show's proportions. I love that the wings aren't floppy and can be posed up like the show. Bug mode is totally fine by me. Lots of robot to be found, but it looks like a wasp, and it can actually stand on it's wasp feet.

This is it, we've reached Waspinator nirvana. Short of a totally screen-accurate redeco it doesn't get better than this. Mould-wise I dunno how it can be topped.

13. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Crap, shoulda waited for the re-release - love the transformation, but only managed to fix one shoulder...

14. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    mine form HTS showed up today :D  with the exception of some loose hips he's perfect! No stress marks after transforming him a few times. I agree about this one being the definitive Waspinator!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    Really like this figure alot. I picked it up at my local Walmart today but I haven't opened it yet.

I'm seeing all of the horror stories on this thread about the shoulder pin stress marks causing the shoulders to completely break after only a couple of transformations.

Should I not bother with this figure and take it back to Walmart because of this? Or should I keep it and just never transform it?

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds!

Edit: Also, where exactly should I be looking for this stress mark? Is it at the top of the pin or underneath?

I honestly don't remember a figure having this many stress mark/breakage problems since the RTS Wreckgar handlebar/inner hand issue.

16. RandomGuy

RandomGuy Well-Known Member

Not nearly all Waspinators suffer from this problem. Mine has been transformed several times, quite a few even in just the past few days, and aside from one TINY little mark on one shoulder there's no sign of stress at all. That mark has been there for as long as I can remember, probably from pin insertion, and the shoulder joints are still rock solid.

The one and only flaw that annoys me are his slightly loose hip joints.

17. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:

I've had mine since last December... Probably transformed at least 30 times since then. SLIGHT stress mark on right shoulder. Don't see him breaking anytime soon though.

18. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    If you bought it at Wal-Mart, you've likely got a fixed one like me. Skids and Waspinator had their issues corrected when they were rereleased a few weeks ago. You should be good to open it.

The stress marks appear on the shoulder hinges. Mine has a tiny one, likely from the pin being inserted, and hinges just fine and there's no further stressing.

19. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Between Rattrap and Waspinator, I kinda wish that I still owned my original Silverbolt figure and didn't pass up on the Classics Dinobot figure. I'd like to have a complete set of Scott McNeils.

I never owned the original Waspinator but from other bug transformers I did own, including TM Waspinator, I can already tell the insect legs don't get in the way in robot mode like they do on the old BW figures. They're nice and tight in robot mode and not flopping around all over the place.

The transformation is a lot easier than Rattrap's but the end result is not as clean looking. Obvious arms and legs from every angle. Then again the original figure was that way too... only worse. The robot legs actually functioned as the back insect legs making them way too big to actually pass as insect legs. This version is much better.

The wing flapping gimmick is really stupid though. Wings flap up and down not front and back. This in no way looks like wings flapping. At least the gimmick doesn't hinder anything.

The best part about this figure is just like any Beast Wars figure, it's full of ball joints and being a Waspinator figure... it means I can easily pull him apart without actually breaking him. That's a much better gimmick that the stupid wing flap.

20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Actually... Wasp flight in slow motion, UltraSlo slow motion - YouTube

(OK, it's not like the Waspinator toy, but not as far off as one might think.)