Generations Thunderwing into Black Shadow... Scary thought...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Thundershot, May 31, 2011.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wouldn't people just go ballistic if Transformers Generations 2011 volume 2 had Black Shadow as it's exclusive figure? I have a sneaking suspicion that's exactly what's going to happen... which could kill any chance of the US getting it.

Thoughts? I know I'll be one of the first to preorder if it happens...

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    um no it wouldn't kill it, by being shown in the instructions of thunderwing seems hasbro has plans for that remold since they made instructions of it

that is why i think we will also get the tomahawk remolded head as well, even if not as vortex

3. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope you're right. I figured the instructions just showed the new heads or remolds... not that Hasbro specifically will use them. We're not sure that Takara might want to have some of them for themselves...

4. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I do not appreciate this nightmare scenario you have constructed, not in the least.

That said, the exclusives to the Generations guides have thus far all been straight redecos, I'm fairly certain. I don't think we've seen one yet that uses remolded parts. But ehobby got first crack at the second head for Wreck-Gar. Its possible, but I really, really don't want to think about it.

5. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

~botcon exclusive 2011 , calling it right now!
    That or a japan DOTM exclusive! like vortex and my money G2 laser Prime!

6. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    What if the inevitable RID Scourge repaint of RTS Prime is an exclusive such as Stepper?
    hahah.
    It's terrifying.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    That's more likely.

Black Shadow has a brand new head and chest, it's a planned redeco by Hasbro and Takara; small run exclusives don't have any new parts. We have never not gotten the remold of a figure that's been in the instructions. The closest is Battle Hooks Voyager Prime being a Wal-mart exclusive.

8. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be completely surprised if that Vortex retool ends up as a japan only release. They wouldn't waste a slot and all that money retooling the mold to make it a japan only major retailer release.

The Junkion that eHobby got had a third head that was likely produced seperately from the WG/other junkion mold (ie: they made their own head mold, made X of that head, then recycled the WG/other heads that were made with scrap heap bodies. That second head is still out there and will make it to the US eventually.

9. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The thing is, they've been making the extra parts (non-Botcon) part of the initial mold. What happens is they recycle the extra plastic and only use the needed parts. So if the Black Shadow parts are already part of the mold, it wouldn't be hard to recycle the Thunderwing parts...

10. Star Saber

Star Saber Primus Hates You!

News Credits:
    Ooohhh now that would be nice haha, the Scourge repaint is inevitable :) 

11. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

Would suck, that's for sure. I am sure that guy would be at least a BotCon exclusive though. And we at least have the black repaint of WfC Prime!

I am sad about Vortex. I hope he manages to come out for the US anyway. I'm not too fussed either way about Black Shadow, I'll get him on a peg for $12 if I cant but otherwise, meh. I certainly hope he is widely available for the sake of them that want him!