Generations Thrust Affect on Botcon Thrust

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thedrknss48, Feb 14, 2010.

1. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:
    So with the announcement of Universe/Generations Thrust, what affect would this have on the value of Botcon Thrust?

I forked over a bundle to own mine, so I'm wondering if this would drop the value of him since most people will be able to pick him up much cheaper this fall (as long as they can beat out the scalpers).

I love the Botcon Thrust mold much better though!

2. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    I would like to see some pics of the Botcon one.

3. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:
  4. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dunno why, but I like the Generations Thrust more, going by the looks of both figures.

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Just 'cause there's a newer, more widespread version doesn't mean the old one is less special.

6. Alung

Alung Lazybot

News Credits:
    I think it all depends on personal taste since the Generations Thrust is chromed. If they don't end up releasing Dirge and Thundercracker then the Generations Thrust would look out of place.

7. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    I just saw the Botcon one. I actually like the Generations one better.

8. matrixprime

matrixprime AJ's Toy Chest Owner

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How do you figure? If you have a choice between the Botcon version which probably retails for around lets say $150 and the domestic version which retails $13 and some change, excluding possible sales and coupons, which version do you think people will buy? That right there kills the value of the figure. I'm sure the Botcon version will be worth something but not as much as it was originally, even after Gentei Thrust came out.

9. Alung

Alung Lazybot

News Credits:
    Well, if you don't plan to resell the Botcon Thrust in the future then I don't think there's anything to worry about. Otherwise, might as well sell it now.

10. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think that Thrust has Chrome? All the pictures i've seen don't show it.

Well, I remember the Botcon Thrust was getting up into the 200+ range around the time Henkei Thrust was released. However, this really brings into question the whole "exclusive" thing. Some poor people purchased expensive versions of Thrust thinking "I better get it now because hasbro won't be reissuing this". To be fair, hasbro hasn't exactly "reissued" the botcon Thrust but Henkei Thrust was pretty damn close.

To be fair to those in the Club, should hasbro adopt a policy of not reissuing figures that are convention exclusives?

11. matrixprime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's not a matter of resale it's a matter of a promise that "x" figure is going to be exclusive and I have to pay "y" dollar amount for that. Then 3 years later anyone can get it. That's what ticks me off. Will I get a Generations Thrust and the other seekers if they come out? Sure, then I don't have to display my set from the con. Do I think it's fair to those of us that went to the convention or paid high prices for the Gentei one? Abso-fucking-lutely NOT!

12. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:
    I do like the Generations version of the Henkei one because I really didn't like the lightning bolt on his wings (same with Dirge), but I'm most concerned if I will regret paying $150 for the Botcon version.

I'm not sure if the Generations Thrust is chrome, but the pictures made him look like he had some sort of shiny finish. Don't we see a lot of exclusive get that treatment?

13. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:
    This is exactly what I'm worried about. I didn't go to the con so I had to pay for it (and the other seekers) at the post-con price!

14. matrixprime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly and now when they release Thrust and if they release Dirge and Thundercracker, how does that make you feel? Makes me feel pretty shitty since I paid for the registration fees, the travel fees, the hotel fees, and all the other misc fees just to get something I was, up until tonight, assured was EXCLUSIVE to the convention.

15. SirToys

SirToys OS Multicolor KO

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    I would never have owned a Thrust, at that price, so I'm glad I can finally get one now.

I'm surprised it hasn't been KO'ed yet. I was hoping for a Thrust and Dirge KO after I got the Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp set, but I'm glad I can get the original before the KO. :) 

[​IMG]

16. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Doesn't affect me. Now I can own Thrust.

17. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    now that I have had a good look at Botcon Thrust i can tell there are enough differences between the 2 molds that there will be little effect on Botcon Thrust's Value as hard core collectors are the ones who most often for out big bucks for exclusives and they will likely pick this one as a separate item

18. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    Technically its not a re-issue of that mold. That mold is still unique to FunPub, the one coming out is the Gentai release which was NOT an exclusive.

19. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

I personally think this is a fucking riot...kinda like that karma kick in the ass to all the folks that were like "GAR...I GOT BOTCON SEEKERS AND YOU DON'T!!"....and no hasbro does not have to make any promises or guarantees to FP...FP is the company getting permission to use hasbro/takara molds to make figures for their company...

So hasbro has the right to make whatever/whenever they want to...like others said...FP had a copyright on the wing design only...NOTHING more....

20. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But that figure was an exclusive to a toy store in japan. It didn't see a wide release like the other Henkei Figures.