Generations So Far

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, Jul 14, 2010.

1. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

What do you guys think of the line so far? Any particularly impressive toys? Any high hopes for the line?

2. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Well, the two figures from the line I have, WfC Bee and Drift, are fantastic. Prime looks just as good - all the WfC figures are bought on first sighting in my book. So far everything else looks to be high quality but not necessarily something I have interest in to buy. I might get Darkmount for the same reason I got Drift - he just looks like a cool character and a well-made toy.

Generations in general looks to be top shelf stuff from Hasbro. No epic duds thus far (or in the pipeline, from what I can tell). Even the repaints are sharp.

3. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I have 'Bee and Thrust.

Both are great toys with plastic that seems the tiniest bit too translucent and "flowing plastic swirly" to me. I rank both as above average.

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Yes, that worries me a bit. It's what causes GPS. I'm worried that years from now, the swirly plastic will break.

5. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't voice an opinion yet as I haven't seen anything in my area... :( 

6. Rodimus83

Rodimus83 Autobot

I have Thrust & Seaspray, although Seaspray I guess is considered to be more on the ROTF side, both figures are awesome...From what I've seen or heard, It doesn't look like I'll be disappointed with the Generations line...

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    There are a lot of toys made of swirly plastic, but for some reason, the copperish colored ones are the only ones that seems prone to fast crumbling.

As to the actual topic, Drift is the only one I have so far. I'm not interested in the Seekers (though Dirge's henkei wings might be worth it, since my Dirge is the Botcon one), and I'm not interested in the WFCs, which means so far, Drift, Darkmount, and a few recolors (Red Alert and Blurr) are all that appeal to me.

However, Drift is a pretty interesting toy, Darkmount is a toy I'm REALLY excited for, and Red Alert is a character I've been waiting for since Universe. So, as of right now, I'm satisfied with what we've got going. And the future waves (Jazz and such) sound really promising.

8. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    There's only one wave out... isn't it a bit soon to judge the line as a whole?

9. cuters

cuters Diabolist

i still cannot find any thing for this line when the hell does canada get ours

10. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    The line is pretty impressive line thus far. I do separate the WFC into their own category though.

11. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    The only Generations figure I'm interested in that I've seen is Blurr. Not interested in:

- WFC Figures
    - Repaints like Red Alert, Thrust, Dirge (already have their Henkei counterparts)
    - Drift and Darkmount (not familiar with them, don't care)

I am looking forward to all the figures that were announced at Botcon:

- Jazz
    - Tracks
    - Perceptor
    - Kup
    - Scourge
    - Thunderwing
    - Skullgrin (maybe if the ram head looks cool, not crazy about the mold though)

12. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    So far, so good.

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ah, we're not even warmed up yet . . . .

14. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    I really think Generations is going to be a long-appreciated line.

Now, if we could only get a Shockwave... >_>

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Drift- Fantastic. Just a great mold in both modes! So awesome.

Thrust. I'd be lying if I said the old Classics seeker mold wasn't showing it's limitations, but I still love it. I think Botcon Thrust is better, but I like the peace of mind having the mass-release one gives me!

WfC Optimus- Not bad, love the head sculpt, but doesn;t stay together well. Pretty floppy.

WfC Bumblebee- Worst of wave one. the head sculpt isn't bad but like Optimus it's a little floppy and underwhelming.

Can't wait for theupcoming waves, especially all the stuff that sounds incredible they announced at Botcon!

16. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So what signs are people seeing on that the seeker mold is showing signs of aging. Worrisome as we are to see Dirge and then G2 Ramjet from the same mold. There goes hope for AMTC.

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It's starting out to be a pretty good line. With all the new figures revealed, it should only get better from here on out. Can't wait to see what the new figures look like (luckily SDCC is only a week away).

The only downer to the line is the Deluxe-class only part. Though even then we're getting figures from the HftD line that fit in perfectly well with Generations, and other Classics styled figures.

Hopefully my local Target gets the first wave in soon.

Haven't found one yet, but from what I've read about Thrust, the mold is holding up surprisingly well after this many uses. Only complaint I know of at the moment is the holes in the arms for the cannons are a little loose.

18. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    When he said signs of aging, I don't think he meant mold degradation. I took it as him saying that the Seekers (and other Classic figures) look very simple in comparison to Drift (and other Generations, or even Universe, figures). I could be wrong, but I assume it's what he meant cos I essentially feel the same way

19. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Don't have any of mine yet (still waiting on that preorder BBTS...come on....COME ON DAMNIT!!!!). But all the video reviews that I've seen so far look great. Drift (and Blurr with a few exceptions) looks absolutely awesome, and the WFC figures looks awesome too. Straxus looks interesting, and, well, all the figures revealed to be released...ABSO-FU#*!&%-LUTE WIN!!!! CAN'T WAIT FOR THESE!!!!

20. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

I have drift and thrust and I love them both! I havent seen any problems from my thrust so far and all the joints are tight as hell.