generations re-visits

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Megatron31, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    with all the awesome stuff in the generations line (especially g2 stuff) do you think that they will ever revisit previous characters with new molds

example i decent frekin galvatron.

or perhaps redos of ironhide and ratchet?

just a thought really

2. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

I'd like to see a new more show accurate mold for Dinobot, though it would probably have to be a bit larger than an average deluxe...

3. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    This more than likely will not happen. They will be concentrating on getting us out new molds.

4. Megatron31

Ebay:
    im not talking about releasing the same molds

just the same characters with new molds

5. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Galvatron, Warpath, and Jetfire.

There are some issues with these. With warpath, its simply getting a war for cybertron mold out of it in deluxe scale.

Galvatron really could use another attempt since he's a key character to a lot of the G1 fiction after 1986 movie. And that his mold was a downsized ultra.
    If they actually worked on it as a deluxe then we wouldn't have so many misfitting pieces. Its a good fiddly deluxe but not a excellent power packed deluxe as it stands.

And Jetfire just because the classics mold is showing some age with its clunky ratchets, heavy backpack, and awkwardly blanceing thruster feet. and I think giving our favorite g1 superjet another mold will help the character shine into new fiction, a Generations Jetfire. WFC or not, it keeps G1 jetfire in play so the character does'nt get replaced with crochety old ROTF Jetfire.

6. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I would really like to have a better Galvatron. I'd sell mine in a minute, when I could get a better one in dx size.

7. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    My bad...I misread.

Actually Warpath and Cosmos would be the ones I would like to see done up right.

8. Megatron31

Ebay:
    I would be happy with scout versions of warpath and cosmos but I think galvatron needs a voyager mold

9. PORTER

PORTER energon is just mtn dew

I would love to see a modern update to trailbraker.
    same goes for blitzwing and a tape player soundwave that has no daiper like the titainuim one.
    ultra magnus should get a new mold already. I hate white prime repaints that hasbro calls ultra magnus

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yeah I'd love to see Galvatron, Ironhide and Ratchet improved upon. And Warpath, Beachcomber, Brawn, Wheelie and Cosmos upscaled into proper size classes. Legends just don't cut it.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I have a hard time seeing Hasbro doing any redoes. They seem more concentrated on doing characters that haven't had updates in this style yet. However anything they've made as a Legends, has a decent chance at getting a larger update at some point. Jazz and Hound are great examples of this. Hopefully the trend extends to Wheelie, Warpath, Cosmos, and Brawn. Trailbreaker, under his new name Trailcutter, is a likely candidate for a future Deluxe. He's been on Hasbro's short-list for quite some time (since at least the beginnings of Universe), so more than just this new Legends class figure is inevitable.

12. Megatron31

Ebay:
    I wonder if we will get a new megatron since he has a new legends fig coming out. Anyone else remember the pic from botcon?

13. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I enjoy the Classics Jetfire mold. It's one of my favorites, despite it being 4 years old. If anything, I'd like to see a more Cybertronian version of Jetfire a la his model from WFC.

14. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like a new Megatron, Ironhide, and Ratchet.

Nerf Gun Megs is cool, but I would prefer a new alt mode, like a tank, and not a half ass one.

15. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Brawn,kup, warpath, cosmos,

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The legends class figures scaled up to larger scales would be nice. I know there is no such thing as scale in Transformers but legends just seems too darn small when most of the rest of my collection is deluxe sized.

Ultra Magnus because it's just a wee bit on the insane side that fans should have to buy expensive third party add on parts to keep him from being more than just a white Prime.

I kind of think the seekers are really starting to show their age. Not horrible figures, but they lack the personality worked in like Universe and Generations figures. They also look really short with tiny pin heads.

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    A new Megatron is likely, but in this day and age, Prime, Bee, and Megs will have at least one incarnation in every line (ok...pcc is actually the one exception atm). Though I imagine he'll be a different era. Maybe another take on his G2 form (would be nice to have an improvement compared to the Classics version), though I would hope for a RID homage, tbh. His new Legends is going to be a gun (looks amazing too), but I don't see them doing the same for a Deluxe. Might be too big for them to get it past the strict toy laws. The Legends is probably only passable due to it's small size.

18. Hippie Trooper

Hippie Trooper Costumer

Ebay:
    I'd like to see a Voyager size Galvatron that actually turns into a CANNON, a futuristic, giant laser, artillery CANNON! Why is it that Galvatron and Megatron have to turn into anything other than weapons nowadays? (With the exception of Classics/Henkei/NERF Megatron and now the upcoming Legends) I'm familiar with the strict toy laws and how they apply to Megatron, but the laws are meant to keep toys from looking like real weapons. I dont see how that would apply to Galvatron in a G-1-ish cannon mode.
    Later

19. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Now that's what I'm talkin about!!!

20. Megatron31

Ebay:
    i have been wanting an update like that ever since i started collecting the classics, closest thing i have seen was cashanova's custom one made from ultra class silverbolt.

and the toy gun laws are strict yes, but in a deluxe size i think they could pull it off but not a voyager size without making another nerf gun