Generations Rattrap Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Primal Sabbath, May 21, 2014.

1. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
  2. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Oooh, nice.

EDIT:

WAT.

No.

That is not OK. Show the transformation.

3. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^I would be mad that he didn't, but how he avoided it was pretty funny. :lol 

(What's with this recent trend of these early reviewers skipping transformations, I wonder. It didn't used to be like that.)

Still, he's great looking figure in both modes. I'm especially impressed by that little faux-rat-neck part so he can look down in beast mode without opening up a gap. That's a thoughtful touch.

4. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    I guess, but it still robbed the video of half of its value. I am so disappointed.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    The transformtion process is the one thing pics don't accurately convey, and the only real advantage of doing a video review.

6. Primal Sabbath

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Honestly, I stole every bit of the idea of taking out the Transformation from Protoman. And it's a bit of a "well if I'm going to be the first, why not have some fun with it" type of thing too.

It's not so much a "style" thing either, it's principle. I personally don't watch reviews for transformation, I watch them to learn something, or just flat-out see if I do or don't like a given mode. And Protoman's right, it's a spoiler to watch the transformation; don't worry, all of everybody's favorite YouTube guy will start doing these once they've finished their Age Of Extinction reviews, and you'll get to see the transformation from them.

In the time being. Take it for what it is. A review of the alternate mode, with comparisons related to the character, ridiculous (and I think humorous) transition white-noise, review of the robot mode with size comparisons, and the pointing out of what could potentially be problem areas.

7. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I guess he still did a review on the full thing. He commented on the transformation. Just didn't show it. I get you're trying to make some kind of statement. But being dismissive of people desires in what they want in a video review isn't gonna endear you with anyone. On a review that's a "first look" people have a lot of questions and look towards reviews to help get information on the figure and help them decide if they want it. Refusing to show something you clearly know people want to see, and make it a "joke", is just gonna piss em off more.

Justy two cents

8. Primal Sabbath

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    In all honesty, thanks for the advice... But I'm also not trying to do this for a living. It's fun. I may put up just a straight-up transformation video, I may not. It really just depends on time. Some people will get the humor, some won't. I was pretty much 99% positive that I would be the first one to have this up. Buying these err... "factory samples" is not something I do often, nor do I get any of those "early samples" that some folks are graced with. It's probably the one and only time I'd have a crack at this. I wanted to have fun with it.

9. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh my God, spoiler paranoia has spread to toys now? Saints preserve us.

10. MisterFanwank

News Credits:

If I didn't want to be spoiled I would avoid watching video reviews. This makes no sense at all as a justification for not showing it.

As someone, who does do this for a living, I find this pretty offensive, actually. Getting a scoop can mean a lot of extra subscribers, views, and revenue, especially for someone like me, who's not as ubiquitous as Peaugh or Optibotimus. You took the opportunity from someone else (not me this time, though) who could have used it, you only covered half of the toy, and you don't even appreciate what this video can do for you.

This offends me because it's wasteful in so many ways.

11. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

Thanks Primal Sabbath.

I have been anxiously waiting for a video review.

12. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Ron Swanson

News Credits:
    I wouldn't even pay attention to a review that didn't show the transformation.

13. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Not even gonna watch it. You have every right to skip the transformation... I also have the right to let you know that a) I think it's boneheaded and b) when you do these video reviews, you're clearly DOING THEM FOR OTHERS. It's not about you and what you like... Don't you think?

14. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    If you take it that seriously, (in terms of it being a legit business for you), you shouldn't have let someone else beat you to the review.

15. Primal Sabbath

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    It's hardly wasteful. I reviewed the figure. I didn't transform it. I'm actually filming a transformation video for this thing right now so people can stop pissing and moaning. Seriously dude, I'm not trying to be a dick. It was all out of fun. If I just wanted to be a wasteful prick, I wouldn't have added that white-noise stock footage in between both modes. I was playing off of the AOE Drift thing, which is quite honestly, the fandom at its worst. Forgive me for wanting to pick fun at something several people got butt-hurt over. I'll likely never get around to doing this whole "first" thing ever again, because like I said earlier, I don't go out and try to get all of this stuff first. It just so happened that the cards were dealt in my favor.

Every last one of you needs to lighten up.

16. Primal Sabbath

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    You're right. I'm doing them for my target audience. Which evidently doesn't give two shits about transformation. Seriously, read all of my replies in this thread. It was out of fun. Can't stress that enough.

17. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I get that it was meant to be a joke. But people use reviews for legit reasons. So i understand them being upset.

And you know what they say about a joke, if you gotta explain it...then it's not a very good joke lol

18. Primal Sabbath

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Probably should keep the dry side of my humor off the internet :lol 
    Seriously though, it's really only been here and like one other dude on YouTube. I get that other people use reviews for legitimate reasons, and honestly, beyond being a hobby, this is just a couple extra spending dollars that I can waste on fast food or something. But I highly doubt my being "first" honestly caused that many people to lose that many "potential views," that otherwise are their subscriber base.

19. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow. For once, we absolutely agree. 100% ^THIS.

Very selfish. Agreed.

Sometimes easier said than done, and you know it.

It was absolutely wasteful, now that I see Fanwank's comments. He's right, you're wrong. and you're heading to the blocklist. I have no patience for bullshitters.

You know what else is fun? Blocking people like you. You didn't do it to be funny, the only fun you had was in mistreating others. You didn't do it to make a statement, you're not on that level of quality as a person. You did it just to antagonize people. It was one long trolling exercise just for the sake of it.

People like you ruin it for the rest of us.

20. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

I'm elated that Tankor isn't afflicted with the modern Hasbro cutbacks on materials. It's a shame that Rattrap is.