Generations of G1 Jazz

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Solscud007, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    Ok so here is a visual reference of how poorly jazz has been resurrected.

As you can see in the picture. There are three shots of Jazz' head. diaclone porshe 935 Turbo is the cleanest. Takara reissue Jazz looks like he has fetal alcohol syndrome. And last is Encore. Now when I got encore I got him cause I heard takara/tomy retooled the mold to correct for FAS like in the reissue. But after looking more closely it isnt even close to the diaclone. the geometry of the ears are off. Look how mottled and rough the texture of the head is compared to the diaclone.

Obviously the reissue FAS might be due to mold degradation. But there shoul dbe no excuse for the encore. Now there maybe two reasons for the encore not being as crisp and clean as the diaclone.

1: Mold making processes may be different now than 25+ years ago.
    2: diaclone were made in Japan. Encores are Made in China. So quality control may be an issue here.

Well here is the pic.

[​IMG]

2. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Encore isn't too far off. It seems squatter. The diaclone one has a longer face. Both are LEAGUES better than the reissue one.

3. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    the encore one is decent, i guess.. but yeah, none are totally accurate

4. Mat-Man

Mat-Man Well-Known Member

To me the Encore head looks to be sculpted for a more anime appearance. I could be wrong though.