Generations JAZZ mod

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Budokhan, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Budokhan

Budokhan Wheeljack's apprentice

Hey Gang!

We all know by now that the next wave of Generations figures looks to be pretty sweet & my personal favorite is JAZZ! He looks like such an awesome homage to the original & they nailed almost everything perfectly IMHO, except one thing...

The rear wing.

Its not that its a bad wing, don't get me wrong, its just that the placement of it seems a little, well..."off" ya know? So, before its even bought,here's a quick little "digi-bash" I whipped up that pushes the wing back further on the rear end.

Whaddaya guys think?

Personally, I think it looks better further back making it look more like a true Porsche. Then again, it may not even be possible given the, at-this-time, unknown transformation sequence. Guess we wont know 'til we get 'im!:D 

Cheers!
    ~BK

Attached Files:

2. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    dude we have 2 do this :D 

3. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I kinda like the normal placement of that spoiler, but I bet it wouldn't be that hard to find a different spoiler at that scale. A whaletale would look good

4. The_Jack

The_Jack Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looks way better if its possible i´dd do it. Jazz doesnt need that compact car look he needs to be sporty

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think that considering this isn't out yet, this should be in the radicons general discussion. However before it goes there, yea, I like the spoiler being further back too.

6. jordanimus 1

jordanimus 1 Well-Known Member

You know with the image I can see how much of a difference that adjustment makes, and you right. It would make the car mode look more balanced. If possible I will make this happen when I get my Jazz(CAN'T WAIT TIL IT GETS RELEASED IN STORES....AAAARRRRGGH!)

[​IMG]

7. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    nice but as a digibash should this be in the 2d art??

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yes. I'm surprised no one used this [​IMG].

ANY thread that is not actual custom work by the thread author needs to go in this forum. If you have a digibash of an idea, post it in Fan Art using the "digibash" prefix. That prefix was added in Fan Art partially because of this.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  9. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
  10. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sorry brudda, I was on my phone when I typed in on this, and it wouldn't clicky on the thingy. Next time bro, next time.

11. Budokhan

You Betcha we do!! :thumb  easy mod on a figure that probably wont need any others!!
    I bet a whale-tail would look good! :thumb  . Personally tho, I'd make it a bit smaller than the original & maybe slightly more aerodynamic to better fit in with the design of the car, but thats just me..:) 

Hells YEAH brudda! totally down with the sportiness! :rock 

Yeah, in retrospect I shoulda, I just got a little too excited about the mod & posted it without thinkin'! D'oh! :dunce 

I hear ya man, I cant wait either!! I was sooooo hopin' JAZZ woulda come out sooner in the line but still...We're gettin one just the same!! YAAAAY for us!!

Yeah, silly me , got a little too enthusiastic:eek: 
    Yeah, my bad! I got little too excited about the digi-mod to think about where to post it & just dropped it in Radicons... wont happen again, consider me Slapped-on-the-hand-with-a-ruler!! OWOWOWOWOW! :lol 

Nice work on that JAZZ conversion! I love how you split the wing down the middle & gave it those inner tabs like the original! I always wanted to try to mod Prowl into JAZZ but decided not to when I heard from a very reputable source that there was gonna be a JAZZ this year! I'm bettin' Reprolabels has a G-1 decals sheet out for him very shortly after his release!!

12. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Definitely looks better with the spoiler pushed back, looks less toony. Really doesn't suit the character where the spoiler is originally placed, and I hope a mod is possible when the fig comes out next year.

13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Reporting posts just makes my life a lot easier. :) 

As for Generations getting us a Jazz, my G1 movie Jazz isn't thrilled. He looks up at me with his sad face because he knows he's getting replaced. I just tell him "be glad you has this much time on this shelf!"

I think it's going to be very interesting to see what kinds of modifications Radicons end up coming up with once he's in our hands :) 

14. Budokhan

Phew! For a minute I thought I was in a wee bit of hot water but I'm glad that's not the case! I like this site & everyone here just a little toooo much to get in trouble, ya know? :D 

As for mods to JAZZ, for me at least, I don't think too much else other than the tail wing. Perhaps some LEDs in the headlights & the one in the eyes & maybe..maybe..maybe mod the gun just a tiny bit to look a little more G1 but that's it! JAZZ looks too nice of a figure to need too anything more IMHO. Except a new paint job with shiny white paint & G1 accurate decals & realistic tail-lights & era correct sponsor decals &.... ok... I'll stop now....:crazy: :lol 

Its funny how you mentioned your TFTM Jazz gettin replaced cause Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned! I had the same thing happen to my TFA Arcee when she got yanked of the classics shelf & replaced with TRNS-01! It's harder to see a girl get replaced tho, they don't take it as well a a guy who would just go & get some beer an watch football with his buddies!

I think she might be plotting my demise now...:redface2: 

15. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

:lolol 

That is a simply brilliant idea! I hope it works. I've been thinking about mods for Jazz ever since we got those nice pictures a couple of weeks ago too. I think I may trim that bit off the back of his forearms to make them more boxy, to allow the hand a full 360 degrees of rotation which it appears like those bits will impede, and for if I switch the stock hands out for a set of articulated Gundam hands which I am hoping will work. Also, this was probably discussed in the news thread with the pictures but, does it look like to anyone else that Jazz has waist articulation? Only time will tell.

16. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I hope modding will be easy. The spoiler thing bugs me most.

17. Budokhan

Ya know, I hadn't even thought about that mod for the forearm but that does sound like a really good idea! Is it just me or does it look like he's got ball-jointed wrists? That'd be sweet if he does! I was considerin replacin' the hands too with these:
    1/144 Normal Hand A
    but I think I'll hold off judgment on that 'til I can see the figure first hand.

I just thought of another possible cool little mod.... having the headlight & fog-lamp lenses clear cast, paint the fog lamp lenses with a thin wash of translucent light blue & back lite all of 'em with super-bright white LEDs.... OOOOooooo :crazy: 

I'd be really surprised if he didn't have waist articulation! Considering that a lot of the other figures so far have had it, I would imagine JAZZ would be no different. If you look at the two pics below, you can clearly see that the first one (seems to be the production version) has the lower half of the torso & the waist as separately cast, different colored units, which would seem to indicate a swivel joint. The second picture (seems to be a painted two-up) looks like these two units are slightly out of alignment with each-other, also indicating a joint. By comparison, his transformation sequence looks to be very similar to Classics PROWL's & he has nice waist articulation! Plus, it seems HASBRO's been getting better an better at cool articulation, so who knows, we may even be surprised by a ball-jointed waist!:drool:  ( god knows it'd sure save me some work...)

Same here, on both counts! :thumbs2: 

Attached Files:

18. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

Dude Budokhan those are definitely some more amazing ideas to improve this guy and with your moding skills Jazz will be straight PIMPIN'!!! (I'm so white!) I totally forgot to add a picture where I circled what appears to be that joint like Prowl's you mentioned and the forearm bit earlier. (I guess I'll do it now.) I was just wondering if anyone else picked up on the wait. A ball jointed waist just might work with this mold considering how narrow his abdomen is, but I really doubt Hasbro gave us that. (Nothing I wouldn't be willing to sacrifice a set of bionicle ball and sockets to fix though...hhmmm...) Those wrist do kinda look like they are ball-jointed already now that you mention it. That would be really sweet. It could save us some work. As you said though we pretty much have to hold all these ideas until we have one in hand. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! I think I might get like 3 of 'em.

I like those hands in the link a lot. Too bad it says they're discontinued.

P.S. Where did that first attached pic come from, I haven't seen that one before. It seems to be a great non-photoshopped/idealized/shine-ified look at the actual toy.

Attached Files:

19. Budokhan

:lolol  That "pimpin" comment had me rollin! :thumb 

VERY good idea with the whole Bionicle joint for the waist! I'm kinda glad I have an extra, BIG Neo-shifters guy to use for scavenging parts!

I wanted to get another Generations JAZZ too so I went back to BBTS to put in a pre-order for another one but they were already sold out! D'oh!! :banghead: 

I thought it might be cool to heavy-mod one to look like this:

[​IMG]

& here's the page that I found that image from that you said you wanted:
    Transformers 2011 - Deluxe Series 01 - Special Ops Jazz
    Click on the little pic of him in 'bot mode that's just below the "In-package" pic:D 

Sorry bout the hands bein' discontinued! Didn't know they were! My bad for teasin' like that! :eek:  Guess I was lucky enuff to get a set of these tho, apparently before they got discontinued! Drat the luck too 'cause I was gonna order me some more soon! Ah well, guess I gotta find 'em elsewhere....

20. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I still think it's very intriguing and engaging that you guys are planning modifications prior to having this figure in hand. :)  I'm very anxious to see what the Radicons come up with after we get it :D