Generations Henkei

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by biscuits, Jul 9, 2010.

1. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Is there any chance that these will ever be made? Maybe if the where, they would fix drift's swords and chrome them. I reckon it'll probably happen by next year. What do you guys think?

2. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

That would be awesome, if they chromed out Drifts swords but more realisticly they'll chrome the spoiler:( . I still have to worry about finding the domestic Drift at retail first.

3. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    It will happen, I'd say possibly as soon as September you'll hear of the first pre-orders for them.

4. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If it does happen I'll be interested to see what kinda of repaints they may do of characters that haven't been done yet.

5. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Virtually guaranteed to happen.

6. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    With Animated & "Movie" stuff going on, I think Takara has their plateful for now. I imagine "Henkei 2.0" will start up after Animated is done in Japan or maybe not until the Movie 3 line is wrapping up. Henkei first started when U2 did, so Takara had the Classics & U2 molds to release. Waiting again will mean they'll have more "Generations" mold to release at the startup of the line.

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I have been wondering this for ages (since Gens was first announced).

If it does happen, then I'll be all over them like some kind of hideous rash.

8. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Henkei is going to happen within a few months just because of the 2010 celebration. We see Scourge coming out in Generations and I see him as an integral part of the 2010 celebration in Japan. If Henkei doesn't come out within this year, Takara won't be able to complete the cast of the movie. Just some thoughts....

9. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    I'm not as confident that we'll get new Henkei this year, unless Takara dips into next year's molds early.

Realistically, Straxus, Drift, and (as far as I know) the "War for Cybertron" characters have no real representation in Japan.
    The only western comics Japan has gotten were Dreamwave issues, and as far as I know, they have not gotten the War for Cybertron game.

With a smaller market than Hasbro and Takara's own trends towards "slavishly G1", I'm not putting very high hopes on Japan getting much of our Generations line until they start rolling out the classic characters.

10. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Likely wouldn't be until after Blurr or Jazz see release here. Unless, as someone above said, Takara gets first dibs on the molds. But that doesn't happen often.

But seeing as I've swapped out my Classics figures out almost entirely so far for the Henkei releases, I too hope the line comes back.

When it does come back though, there'll be plenty of G1 goodness to be had- Jazz, Blurr, Tracks, Perceptor, Kup, Scourge, etc.

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    japan's collectors (henkei's target demographic), for the most part, know who straxus is. Just like we know about "japan-only" characters. He would sell.

Drift? Probably just toss him in as a new character. or they'd just skip him and do drift.

WFC toys would do fine, even without the game.

12. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Hell yes! metallic WFC ops and bee, WIN.

13. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    It'll happen, but no clue on WFC.

Drift, and the others though? Definitely.

14. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope so, though yeah I wouldn't anticipate preorders until after Jazz and the others hit US retail. It'd be convenient if we at least got a confirmation soon and maybe pics of the Henkei take on each, so I knew which version of each character to go after, but that's a selfish wish at this point.