Generations G2 Optimus Prime/RID Scourge FINALLY!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Apr 29, 2012.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I was looking at my G2 Optimus Prime after seeing recent news of finally getting a RID Scourge repaint of the mold and I found something in the mold that I don't think anyone has discovered yet.

While watching reviews on YouTube for the figure I noticed a common complaint that I also had with the G2 Optimus version of the mold which was that the cab can't seem to make up it's mind what it's color is. The other complaint was that for some unknown reason the windows on the side of the cab is not the same translucent plastic as the rest of the windows.

Well I still don't know what the mixed color scheme is all about but I found there's actually a reason why the side windows are not translucent. I was messing with a flash light to look at all the light piping in his head and shoulders and shined the light over his chest. As I did that I noticed something new I hadn't seen before. On the opposite side of the window panels inside his chest in robot mode is a molded in Matrix of Leadership. Without the light it's too dark to really see threw it so I've had this figure sense late February/early March and never even noticed it till now.

I was kinda hoping that I was the first to notice this sense none of the video reviews I've watched have ever pointed it out. It kind of makes up for the windows not being translucent because then you'd be able to see it in vehicle mode where it's not suppose to be. Even though it's hard to see it's still a nice little feature to include. So did anyone know about this already or am I really the first one to find this hidden detail?

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude everybody knows

3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    It's been known for a while.

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it was a cool touch, but the male peg on his right shoulder (the lower one that hits his chest) still bugs me. Like, not only does it hinder movement, but its made from translucent plastic, and its also completely redundant because of the large male one on the upper left shoulder. If I could be bothered to do so, I'd cut it off right now, especially because mine came with it half broken as it is.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Yeah, this was discovered really early on. Before the figure even came out at retail.

6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Huh... I didn't know. I have to check that out.

7. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't really blame you. The vast majority of reviews on YouTube suck, since they come from unperceptive punters who just want to showcase their new toys and get more subscribers. I'd stick to the review archive on TFArchive if I were you.

8. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always prefer the vintage G2 Optimus mold than the new United G2 mold.

9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Well damn it apparently there was only one person who didn't already know about this.

Anyway... I kinda hope the Scourge version doesn't have that shoulder hindering peg and retooled side windows because he doesn't need either. I'm pretty sure most people have either cut off or broken off that small shoulder peg sense it doesn't have any real purpose.

10. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see why Scourge would have the shoulder peg removed when they didn't even bother to remove it with SG Ultra Magnus nor the second SG Prime. I cut it off my RTS Prime because it really hindered his posability with the Battle Tanker armor on. As others have noticed, it doesn't even make a difference in the transformation.

I'm still debating on if I should cut that peg off of my SG Magnus though. Something about cutting pieces off of Botcon figures just doesn't sit right with me...

11. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    TCC Scourge's approval means that Hasbro never intended to mass release it in the first place.

12. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    I wish it was a mass release...

13. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Reviewers were probably in a rush to not inspect everything just so they can be the first to get their review up? Not even sure if it can even be considered a review when all they show is the transformation and not articulation.

14. Kakashi

Kakashi Well-Known Member

Easy pass. Overly badass evil clone with derpy sword? Meh. Most of the others are infinitely more appealing. Now all they need is HftD Hailstorm as Rampage to go with Depth Charge.

15. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Not quite. The exclusive version is technically a Car Robots Black Convoy not a RID Scourge. The original toy had different insignias on it, the American version has a normal Decepticon insignia rather than the upside down G2 Autobot insignia. It's possible they intentionally used the wrong insignia for this American release because Hasbro intended to use the Decepticon insignia for the mass release version.

I may be over analyzing this/getting my hopes up because I really want a mass release of the RID Scourge.