Generations FOC DLX Sideswipe

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by unicronic, Nov 23, 2012.

1. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

buy it for the gun and give it to WFC Prime

2. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

The legs do give him the ability to ride things a lot easier.

[​IMG]

3. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pretty much what I did. Split a FoC Sideswipe with a local. He got the figure, I got the gun. I like the FoC Jazz mold...but it isn't Sideswipe, so I didn't want it. The gun is **GREAT** however, and my TFC Iron Army + Heavytread is rocking it.

4. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Yeah, I have no interest in this. It's just awful. The head is dead and ugly, chest is too wide, and those legs are too tiny.

I'd just try to buy the gun alone.

5. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    I think I am going to break out my paints and try and do a little add on to get his head looking better... maybe see about creating something for his back to help with the look...

Still, even with that he ain't bad... I've seen much, much worse. The weakest of the group, but still better then 90% of repaints out there.

6. Bossguy

Bossguy Banned

I never liked sideswipe form the start. His chest was WAY too big for his head.

7. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone figure out what that big rounded notched out part on the gun is?

8. fa11enwing

fa11enwing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bought it for the gun, he's still a fun figure to me though and same with FoC Jazz. Kinda wished he have an expressive face like that package art however.

9. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The more I look at it, the angrier I get at TRU charging me 18 dollars for it.
    He makes Jazz look better, though, and I like the new gun for Optimus.

10. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

But what doesn't make him Sideswipe makes him a pretty good "Overdrive." Head to chest ratio and all; if he just had a visor the resemblance would be difficult to deny.

11. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Wasn't really interested in this guy at first, but I was actually pleased. The gun is sick, but it gets stuck. Glad I passed on Jazz.

12. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

Got a copy of this thing a bit ago, and I'm pretty sure the shoulder design is borked. It practically forces you to pop the shoulder off its ball joint to transform it from vehicle mode, and it puts massive stress on the body. One of them snapped off at the peg (which, it turns out, its hollow in the middle) after only ten transformations. I tried fixing it with a screw, but the pin that holds the ball joint onto its peg kept the screw from going in far enough to hold on the shoulder.

Anyone seeing stress marks on their copies? It might just be a matter of time before it breaks.

13. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Not on mine, no. I don't have the shoulder problem you're having, but I tightened them with superglue, which probably reinforces the peg. I concentrate on the upper part of the bicep only when lining up the panels, and that seems to work.

14. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

That's what I was doing, so it was probably just a one-off flaw. Either way, a screw and some rubber tubing fixed it up well enough.

15. ChoKo

ChoKo Rainmaker

Ebay:
    I got mine around the end of December. I really like it. It's a very good re-tool of Jazz. Only con is that it still suffers from a hollow chest, like his mold brother. Overall, very cool fig.

16. agentSAP2006

agentSAP2006 Avatar by Sprite

News Credits:
    Can someone post pics of Prime Powerizer Optimus holding the gun?

17. cybernaut

cybernaut Well-Known Member

Yes, I am seeing stress marks, and it is worrisome. Just one of those things I'll have to look out for. I agree though, there's an design flaw somewhere in the FoC Jazz / Sideswipe mold's shoulder design (I'm thinking it's that hinge that allows his arms to move outwards to the side...) that stresses that shoulder ball strut.

Pardon the less than stellar pics...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The gun, at least on mine, is too loose in Prime's hands to be able to be wielded properly. Either the peg is a micrometer too small or the design of Prime's hands can't hold it as securely as Sideswipe's hands.

jya na!

18. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The BFG is more suitable for Optimus Prime than for the Sidswipe

19. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I just got Sideswipe.

The Good: His new paint scheme brings out some molding in the arms and legs that I never even noticed on Jazz. I really like the vehicle mode much better than Jazz and can't believe how much he looks like the game model in vehicle mode.

The Bad: Obviously if you have Jazz you know his hands are clearly visible in vehicle mode. Some other bad points that you won't see on Jazz... His unpainted eyes that make him look blind. His shoulders, and this is an odd one because they're not even part of the remold, pop off easily. This seems to be a universal problem. I've seen a few video reviews mention that as well. His right elbow, again odd because it wasn't remolded and also because it's a ratchet joint, is some how still loose. If that joint actually worked like it's suppose to he should be able to hold up his BFG but instead he can only shoot the ground. That leads me to my other problem... that BFG doesn't look good mounted on his vehicle mode. Of course I already knew that when I bought him.

He is easily the worst of the WfC/FoC toys. I mean he has problems that shouldn't even be there. I might be more forgiving if this was an entirely new mold but they've done this once before. How come the shoulders and elbows work on Jazz but not on Sideswipe?

The BFG is a nice weapon it just doesn't look good in vehicle mode. The only thing is the extending barrow sticks and the rotating thing on the side sticks and looks like the plastic is already starting to crack so I don't really want to play with it too much. Yeah by nice weapon I meant it looks nice but doesn't actually function very well. Even though the moving parts don't really want to move it still LOOKS like a nice Path Blaster from the game.

If you're only going to get one version of this mold and you want one that actually functions properly get Jazz. I'd only recommend Sideswipe if you're a big Sideswipe fan or just want the version that looks nicer. He does have some very nice paint even if his eyes are dead.

20. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    This is what I see in this figure, Overdrive. That is my only reason for wanting. Now to see who could be easily re-purposed as Camshaft & Downshift.