Generations FOC Combaticons / Bruticus review

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by jrxcombinetrain, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Well, the dudicus says you're missing out!

[​IMG]

This is my favorite bruticus mistransformation, in that it makes it look good and doesn't put stress in any part. This time I used most of the weapons as a backpack/jetpack for Brut that gives more volume to his kinda flat torso. There's so much fanmode potential with this set.

Agreed with snakeeyes. These guys are cheap and flawed, yet I love them.

2. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

^^ and Snakeyes just dropped a huge payload of truth bombs all over the place. Couldn't have described my feelings about this set any better. Just so much playability in these guys it's unreal, even if nobody is going to confuse them with Hercules or Giant displayed on a shelf. In any mode. They are just really fun, and the engineering in them to accomplish the Scramble City feature, with surprisingly good articulation, with zero additional parts forming, AND given the budget limitations Hasbro seems to have been working under, makes this group damn close to miraculous. Also makes me pretty forgiving of all the flaws, which are very real. And there is something about Onslaught....know I shouldn't, but just love his robot and alt mode.

3. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

I have the TakaraTOMY version. While the paint job is beautiful, the feeling sucks when trying to peg painted pegs because the paint will surely be scratched. I am usually anal about minor things like that, but it seems there is no way I can avoid these except for not transforming it/them.

4. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, the tabs when putting Swindle into vehicle or leg mode scare the crap out of me because they're so tight..

5. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same here...I filed mine down a tad so I didn't bust em off. Just brushed the exacto across the tabs a few times..highly recommended if your gunna keep messing with him.