Generations figures I'd like to see.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Chaos Prime, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

The Classics/Henkia/Universe/Generation/RTS/etc toyline is probably one of my favorite TF toylines since Beast Wars.

So I was thinking; I'd really like to see a Generations Optimal Optimus, and Dragon Megatron figures.

I'd like to see some updated versions of them.

Maybe throw in a Beast Machines Tankor.

What are your thoughts?

2. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

Never got into Beast Wars and beyond, but I got into the new line you mentioned because it featured many modern and better articulated versions of G1 toys. I'm asking too much but I would like to see Generations gestalts and the Dinobots.

3. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

Targetmasters. All of them. Well, except for the ones that the gun's bot mode is just a picture of a bot with a peg sticking out his chest. Those pieces of shit don't count, not even characterwise. Same for Headmasters. Anyone who's head is like Hosehead's, no thank you.

4. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Ooooh! New Dinobots. That would be nice. I'm not all that thrilled with Classic Grimlock. He's okay; but he's missing something in my opinion.

5. Ash-T

Ash-T Well-Known Member

What I really want is Stunticons. Not overpriced rare repaints of some similar molds without any retooling making them more recognisable to their G1 cartoon models (Henkei Wildrider, yellow Mira... err Dragstrip - I'm looking at you!); and definitely not BotCon or any other convention exclusives. Affordable, unique and in Generations style.
    Next place is reserved for Shockwave, Devcon and girls. :) 

6. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

Yeah, what I also wanted to say was the Dinobots including a new Grimlock mold. Once again I am probably asking for too much. Oh, and I agree with Ash about Shockwave. Definitely need Megatrons little bitc.... err second-in-command.

7. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    How many Classics wishlist threads does this board need?

8. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

we'll keep getting them until hasbro has re done every transformer EVER! Once that happens... we'll get threads going on about which ones they should do again in a better scale.

9. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Wouldn't it be nice if there was just one or two threads?

Easier for everyone to keep track.

Including Hasbro.

Too much to wish for, i guess.

10. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

I'd love to see a Generations Blackarachnia. We really need a proper figure of her original robot mode...

11. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Armada Megatron and Starscream as Deluxes.

But it's on Hiatus probably. for a while at least after Thundercracker we might get Arcee if we are lucky.

I suppose it's possible they might slap something they shouldn't in the movie line in a later wave.. but Tankor would probably work best as a larger toy. but a Deluxe would make for a good Tankdrone (loosely based on the basic one).

12. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I concur. I'd also like to see updated Rhinox and Rattrap figures. Maybe a Waspinator just to even it out (and Waspinator is awesome).

We are getting Generations Arcee.

I still want my Scrounge, though.

13. G1Prowl

Yet nobody is telling you guys that you have the Animated versions, so there's no need for Generations versions. I feel discriminated against.

14. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

Rhinox definitely needs a voyager mold. I'm happy with the original Rattrap and Waspinator figures but I wouldn't complain if they got a Generations update. :D 

15. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

G1 Skids as a Honda Fit.

16. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Um, what? Just because there's an Animated [whatever] doesn't mean that a Generations [whatever] isn't needed. They're separate lines with completely different aesthetics, the former cannot be a substitute for the latter. They would stick out like a sore thumb. And how in the holy hell are you being discriminated against?

That said, I think Kusanagi has a good idea. The current Honda fit also kinda looks like the Chevy Beat/Spark that ROTF Skids is, so kids won't be too confused. And this hypothetical Skids could be retooled as Crosscut. Skids' bio should totally have a jab at the fact that he barely appears in fiction, like Universe Overload's bio has a jab at the fact that no-one knows who he is or where he came from. I like things like that.

17. G1Prowl

Because for a while there, any time it was mentioned that we needed a CHUG character (Brawn, Swindle, Dinobots, etc.) there'd be a batch of people on here that would tell us that we already had ROTF or Animated figs to fill that void, so just use those. It was one of my constant battles.

18. G1Prowl

And yeah, I support Skids and Crosscut for Generations.

19. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    I want dinobots and a more G1 accurate Galvatron.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

At this point I'd like to see any Generations figures at all because the shelves around here are bare bare bare.

Oh wait you mean future figures.

I'd like to see some members of the old combiner teams that didn't have to have the combiner gimmick. Deluxe sized figures that actually looked like their cartoon or comic book counter parts.

Perhaps a few more figures from outside of the G1 period. G1 was a really iconic era but there were still some really cool character concepts out there that would look great updated to the amazing standards Hasbro has now.