Generations Dinobots

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Grimlockprime16, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

Ok guy wilth all the sweet G1 bots coming out in the gen/rts line what do you thinks the odds are that has/tak will give us the rest of the dinobots?

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I can see it, but there's not much time before the movie and Prime lines for new mold reveals.

3. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    ZERO to NONE

4. canonball

canonball Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe in 2012 when Classics picks up again after the movie stuff cycles through.

5. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    I hope it happens. We need a new Grimlock too or a downsized masterpiece version.

6. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    There may or may not be some chance of it happening or not happening. I am certain that we will or will not get those dinobot molds sooner or later.

translation: 3.14159265 %

7. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

"Classics" Dinobots is the first sign of the Apocalypse.

8. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope eventually. I'd be really happy with deluxe Snarl, Swoop and Not-Slag. And a Voyager sized Sludge!

9. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    All these posts about Generations ending for the movie line makes me still feel like I'm the only person that was listening when Hasbro said they were running Generations long term, i.e. through the third movie line.

10. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I honestly dont see it happening. I think we'd see a new classics-style Grimlock before we saw any of the other dinobots. However if they were released, I wouldnt be surprised if we got them animated style where we only get Grimlock and two of the other d'bots.

Wow, that sounds really pessimistic, but logically they'd have to devote 4-5 spots for just dinobots within a line and if we were only able to get 5-6 seekers over the course of 3 lines over 4 years, then the chances are pretty slim for the dinobots. I think the PCC dinobots are really the closest we'll see to new d'bots anytime soon.

But hey, I would be perfectly happy if HasTak proved me wrong. I love me some d'bots just as much as the next guy.

11. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    I heard it. But I don't know what's in the first wave of generations that's concurrent with the movie line.

We don't know exactly what will be happening with generations, maybe it will continue uninterrupted, maybe there will be a short break, maybe it'll be "rebranded" with another line name. What Hasbro said in June of 2009 may or may not be what comes to pass in June of 2010.

12. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

I think we'll see an update of the Insecticons before we get all 5 Dinobots. Maybe a new Swoop and (not)Slag.

13. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    This! Predict we will have another CHUG drought soon which explains this sudden surge of CHUGs in the last couple of months. This actually makes me happy cause it gives me wallet a break.

14. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Scout Insecticons would really make me happy. I'd troop-build the hell out of them!

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm going to put the odds at very very very very low.

Hasbro just doesn't seem to be on the sub-team bandwagon the way the fans are. Dinobots, Constucticons, Insecticons, are all names Hasbro wants to hold on to, but when it comes to giving you all the members of a team it's like pulling teeth or something.

Given the skills the Hasbro team has shown with updating characters I know they would likely be great figures, but some things you can only dream about unless something changes like more figures per wave.

16. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    This might sound elitist, but I'd just be happy with a release of the original figures but with balljoints ala Turboedguy. Those originals really were tough to beat.

17. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Masterpiece Grimlock is my Classics Grimlock so I'd only be intrested in more Dinobots in that scale although I accept that it's not likely to happen.

And considering the pitiful Deluxe Classics/Henkei Grimlock it's probably a good thing more Deluxe ones are unlikely too.

18. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If we got a comparable Swoop, I'd be very happy with just him, Classics Grimlock, and PCC Grimstone as sort of an Animated meets G1 team in my Classics Collection.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I could see Swoop, Sludge and the actual Snarl getting done but not much hope for the Slag.

They would be awesome, Hell they could reissue Energon Swoop for all i care and i'd use it as a CHUG Swoop.

20. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    They could change Slag's name to Spastic.