Generations Constructicons Deluxe Class Wish

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by vwong19, Jul 9, 2011.

1. vwong19

vwong19 New Member

Anyone else hope that besides reissueing the G1 Constructicons, that they create an update in the Deluxe scale. It would be pain to collect individually and combined would be huge.

PS. Is there a way to search threads?

2. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They already made a deluxe class devastator it was horrible. And the search function is off for a while but will be back soon.

3. jjd1981

jjd1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was not a deluxe class Devastator, it was a "scout" class with one deluxe from a Energon and reused in classics. I would be up for a new completely deluxe class Devastator myself!

4. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Either class it was still awful. And I would say not much chance of hasbro doing a new one and two separate 3rd party companies releasing them. I would sooner they move on and do characters such as a computron or abominus. Ground they have not yet covered maybe?

5. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

We've already had the Energon version twice, and the 4 robot Universe one, as well. No chance of it happening.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'd just love to have deluxe sized Constuticons that looked like their cartoon counter parts even if they did not combine. Hasbro could just dropped the combining idea like they did for Swindle in Transformers Animated.

Plus if deluxe sized Classic Constuticons didn't combine then Hasbro could release them over several waves instead of having to put all six out at once which retailers might not like.

7. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I want the rest of the movie Constructicons in Voyager size more. The G1 Constructicons bore me to death.

8. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I agree with you. It's really a shame they didn't make them.

If I recall correctly, Hasbro said they didn't make them because they didn't get enough screen time. Kind of a ridiculous argument if you ask me, given that they have no problems with making new molds of characters that didn't appear in the film at all.

Anyway, back on topic. While I would like some deluxe Constructicons in some Classics line in the future, I would much rather we get the remaining three movie Constructicons in toy form first.

9. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

Constructicon Maximus makes for a poor Devastator and Landfill don't even look remotely like the character. As someone who does not buy Non-Hasbro/Takara Transformers, Yes. I would very much like all new Deluxe Class molds of the original G1 Constructicons in their rightful colorway. And yes, they absolutely must combine to form Devastator and each have their individual robot modes.

I think they will do it eventually.

10. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I used to think that.

11. AMG

AMG Old School

I'd be good with that.

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they did it, I would hope they would take this approach. I don't care if they combine or not, I just want nice Deluxe/Voyager class versions of these guys. Classics has severely lacked Decepticons, so diving into the Combiner pool for the Constructicons and others would be a nice way to build them up.

Plus, as non-combiners, you could redeco them into other characters we might not get otherwise, like the Autobot dual Targetmasters (Landfill, Quickmix, and Scoop from Long Haul, Mixmaster, and Scrapper) or the RiD Build Team.

13. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    put me down as someone who sees combination as a non-negotiable part of the deal. I still haven't forgiven Universe Onslaught.

14. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Hasbro can plan all they want, even if they did try to put out 6 separate Constructicons to be released, they would still have to rely on stores to pick up their end of distribution. And we've seen with the Energon combiners, and with the Universe and Generations lines that you CAN'T RELY on the retail stores to buy the toys that Hasbro wants to put out there.

It won't happen. Not because of Hasbro or Takara, but because of Walmart and Target.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I wasn't even thinking about repaints but yes a shot at some repaints might make it a more likely thing to happen.

16. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

Generations Constructicons, talk about merging for the kill!

17. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Am I evil or not a true fan for wanting a single Deluxe class Devastator that turns into a generic construction vehicle without the combining? Hell, turn him into a Voyager, just stop the whining about the individual constructicons, which were nothing special to begin with.

18. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For some reason I like the idea of having separate retail figures that combine if you buy all of them. Some people may not like the idea because you have to go out and find all of them, but I find the concept neat. Maybe because of nostalgia from buying Burger King Cubix toys and having to get all of them to make the one big toy.

19. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I have no interest in picking up individual characters from combiner teams that don't have the ability to combine. So none of the constructicons are on my wishlist.