Generations checklist?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ruination04, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So is there a checklist as to what will be in the Generations line? Seems like everyday I see a new name pop up...it's hard to keep up with it all.

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You should make one yourself from the various TFW newsposts on the topic. There is a thread that pops up occasionally with "all Classic-style molds" but you seem to be looking for something more specific to Generations.

(Remember kids, Generations is all Deluxes so far! Although who knows what name they will put on the packaging of the "G1 Legends?")

3. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Wave 1:
    WFC Prime
    WFC Bumblebee
    Drift
    Thrust

Wave 2:
    WFC Megatron
    Darkmount

Wave 3:
    WFC Soundwave
    Red Alert

Wave 4:
    Dirge
    Blurr

Future waves only shown at Botcon:
    Jazz
    Perceptor, to be retooled as Reflector
    Skullgrin retool from Darkmount
    Scourge
    Thunderwing
    Tracks
    Kup, Wheeljack, and Trailbreaker were mentioned as things they have plans for
    (also, some Legends class figures)

Figures that are in the Yellow Box line but meant for Generations due to the size class restrictions:
    Seaspray
    Grapple, retooled from Universe Inferno
    Windcharger

4. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    And fembots were mentioned too for the deluxe class.
    And for clarification, windcharger is a scout. The other two are voyagers.

5. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    HERE is that thread you were referring to of "Classic-style molds". The list breaks down all the molds alphabetically (Post #1), by mold reuse/recolor (Post #2), by line release (Post #3) and by upcoming releases (Post #5).

6. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kup was mentioned off the table.

Q: Is there anything else you had planned?
    A: There are still some we're working on that we can't talk about *cough*Kup*cough.

Wheeljack was not mentioned in the same way. More non-committal.

Q: Thanks for all the stuff you're giving us. It seems the only major guy missing is Wheeljack. Will we be seeing him anytime soon?
    A: All of us would love to be able to get Wheeljack out if we could fit him in the line.

My rough memory, check with the panel feed for more details.

7. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Excellent, thanks - I hadn't yet had a chance to roll through all the Botcon news posts and compile that for myself.

I'm just delighted the Generations line is actually branded with a subtitle... the organization of the sub/filler lines has been a minor source of irritation for me, as I like to be able to conclusively identify the line a toy is associated with. I try to ignore fan made terms (Classics, 2.0, Transformers 2010, Yellowbox, etc...), but sometimes there's little else to go on other than personal preference, which is fine, I suppose.

"Yellowbox" is going in with my Revenge of the Fallen stuff, at least until I have a more definitive answer/option. :lol 

8. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Classics isn't fan-made at all. It's just usually not used in its strictest sense (molds in the Classics line as well as the Universe "Classics series" subline). It is usually extended to the Universe "G1 series" subline as well as, well, the entire Generations line.

9. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "Classics" is not branded on the box as the subline, which makes it an unofficial label, from my perspective.

Although to be fair, the Hasbro team does the term, which is pretty much tatamount to official status; but I try to go by what's under the logo.

10. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, it is. What else exactly is "Classics series" MEANT to represent on those cards and boxes?

11. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  12. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Again, it's not branded as the subline, regardless of what it may say elsewhere on the box.

It's nothing to argue about, it just illustrates my original point... there's a lot of ambiguity & personal preference in accounting for the various sublines. I'm glad to see Generations will be a bit more concrete.

13. Abrogate

News Credits:
    In Universe, the main header on the box was "Transformers Universe." For deluxe figures, it had "Classic Series" written on the front of the card above the bubble, and on the back of the card under the character's name/above the profile. For voyagers, it was written on the back of the box in the same place, and on the right side of the box. There were also other "series" ("Beast Wars Series," etc)

In 'Classics' itself, it had "Classic Deluxe" on the lower left corner of the bubble for deluxes, and "Classic Voyager" on top of the box for voyagers. However, it was not written "Transformers Classics" in the bubble, it was "Transformers Robots in Disguise" (not to be confused with RiD!).

The term "Classics" was never used in the header the same way that "Transformers Universe" was, or for that matter, the way "Transformers Animated" or "Transformers Armada" was. In Classics itself, it almost seemed that the term "Classic" was describing the size class rather than the series! That's why he's arguing that it's not an official term, though it is the most logical term to infer from the packaging.

14. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Ohh, shame, shame, shame. We have our own resources pages here at tfw2005. Sol Fury puts in a heck of alot of work to keep it up to date. Here is the link. Transformers Generations - Transformers - Transformers Resources

15. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

16. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah! My mistake.

It does seem to me that Classics is an official term, since it's on packaging, but a term for WHAT exactly is more ambiguous.

17. Abrogate

News Credits:
    Also worth noting that we all call it "Classics" but it's never used in plural on the packaging

18. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Can someone please post the Toys R Us item number for the Generations line/Drift?

19. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No offense, but you can't really compare the two resources. You also shouldn't be so offended if someone likes one resource over another, just because you contribute or you post in a forum of one of the boards.

20. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    lol, I'm not offended at all. But I think I'm offended by the fact you thought I was offended. Either way, it's cool. :)