By Generation: Generations Bumblebee: Some Quick Fixes

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How Tos' started by nonnef, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nonnef

nonnef Deceptibot

I did some quick modifications to my Generations Bumblebee to get rid of his . . . tail? [This was also to] prep him for a repaint. Thought I would go ahead and document it in case anyone else wanted to do the same.

This consists of two steps, really:
    • Moving the tail part down to his feet, and;
    • Modifying the roof so it can swivel up into his back kibble.

First, cut off the tail part. Small shallow cuts will lead to a cleaner cut. I used a surgical scalpel but anything sharp will do:

[​IMG]

Next, chop that piece in half using the same method:

[​IMG]

Then, just glue the pieces onto the feet where they sit in alt mode. Make certain the pieces sit flush on the back as that will be the part that is exposed:

[​IMG]

You can stop here if you want, or continue for a less kibbled backpack.

Modifying for a Less Kibbled Backpack:

Flipping his car roof over, you need to do two things. First trim the windshield along the green line. Then trim off the pieces on the yellow roof in the red circles. You'll need to swivel the clear plastic around to get to the two forward posts you need to trim. Don't cut them flat though! They still need to lock into the windshield:

[​IMG]

Once everything is trimmed up simply spin the roof around on the hardware already present.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I added in some Aves Epoxy Sculpt to fill in the feet and to help the roof latch down more securely when in alt mode. Make sure you fit everything in car mode as you do this so you still have room. This is entirely optional on your part:

[​IMG]

As you can see, the backpack sits higher now. [This makes] the figure look much better overall, in my humble opinion:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[This Bumblebee is] still one of my least favorites from the wave. But you work with what you have, right?

Mine may have been looser than normal, but no. I didn't have to do anything to the rivet. Just make sure you trim the two pieces of yellow plastic as much as you can.

I thought about it, but I kind of liked the way they looked on his lower back.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.