Generations Blurr Upgrade Kit

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ORIO, Aug 21, 2011.

1. lordtigerhawk

lordtigerhawk Well-Known Member

Could be good for and extra trashed figure that need some overhauling, but I do not plan on touching my blurr. This is a kitbashing set for sure. ;) 

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Blurr can use more weapons, but he doesn't need a new head. I like the IDW head more than G1. That's my style though. So if I get this set it will be solely for the weapons. So if anyone wants to split a set and only want the head, lmk.

3. Doc Pirahna

Doc Pirahna Well-Known Member

While I am not happy with the the Generations Blurr this set still does nothing for me.

4. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Wholely unnecessary.

5. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't even describe how much I hate seeing texting-style writing on the forums. /shudders.

On topic, this kit is meh IMHO, Blurr is pretty cool as is, though in full disclosure I'm not much of a kit guy (yet, lol.)

6. Optimusfan79

Optimusfan79 Guardian

I do agree that the weapons rnt directly g1 but if u r modernizing the toy that hasbro jacked up on its a nice modernizing for now. I think this co. should try 2 do Haywire 4 him & sell it as 1 set that way u get the option to combine either IDW & G1 or do each era by itself.

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Can't say I'm fond of the set. I'm fine with the Generations head and guns already and that shield there doesn't much match the style of either G1 Blurr or the Generations figure. Looks more like something Power Rangery.

Now if I was doing an upgrade set for Generations Blurr, I'd leave the head as-is. Then I'd give him a Targetmaster companion. I'd give him a shield and perhaps still have it clip to the underside like in this set, but I'd also or instead make it so it could clip on the top of the alt mode maybe to mount the Targetmaster gun on and maybe also evoke his old G1 alt mode look with the little pod thing on top and the side pontoons. Also I'd leave a recessed square on the shield for if someone wanted to place a rubsign there.
    And finally I kinda like the idea of wheel covers for a hover alt mode look as someone suggested earlier.

8. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I too am not fond of that head. I really like generations blurr because his head screams IDW. If they offered this set a la cart like venksta does with some of his sets I'd probably take the shield and weapons.

9. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I am not into the set and wont be getting it, however I am into the spectacle and debacle of Optimusfan79s posts. So keep it up! :popcorn 

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

While obviously, a head designed to go on a certain body will more likely fit the style of the body, I think we've seen plenty of head-swaps between figures that are successful regardless. I honestly don't see how, generally speaking, a Generations body is incompatible with a "G1-styled head"... since they are still drawing on the same basic styles.

If you want to put a Classics or "G1-style" head (whatever that means, exactly) on an Animated, Prime or Bayformer design... then you get more of a clash, obviously. I've seen it done well before, but it's not easy to match the right head to the right figure.

But as far as I'm concerned, almost everything from A/E/C, and CHUG would be considered "G1-styled"... or to simplify, maybe "Cartoon-style". There are some odd exceptions, like the Beast Wars guys they did, the slightly more movie-styled Straxus/Skullgrin (which the designers admit was based on the movie aesthetic), and the WFC figures that have a slightly different approach to detail. But most of them are pretty "G1-style".

Sorry for distracting from the flame-war guys. I'll let you get back to it now. :) 

zmog

11. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Right guys, he is specifically asking everyone to drop it so please do, no matter how tempted you are. No need provoking him. Let's discuss the awesomeness that is the blurr head instead :) 

12. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    There is no awesome-ness. Its "alright". The head.

13. Crown

Crown Omnibot

News Credits:
    I'll buy a set.

14. Optimusfan79

Optimusfan79 Guardian

Spartan isn't who I was addressing my comments to u it was Split Lip so my apologize in regards to me mentioning you its along story but I fixed that error, but I still stand by my comments.

15. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Where's the "Dislike" button? Upgrades are cool & all and I do own a few, however, this figure doesn't need it! Generations Kup? Yeah the Igear head is Much better. I have it on my Ehobby and regular. This one? I will pass on for sure.

16. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Let's get this thread back on topic now. My apologies for the delay in action, busy day at the office.

On topic, the head is alright, but not quite as cool as the existing one. The shield is a nice addition and more guns for Transformers is only a good thing. That said, I have to complement the team for coming up with a way to stow all of this in vehicle mode. That is a very nice touch.

17. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I posted in here, why was it removed? I didn't address all the BS that was going on.

18. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Sorry, my bad! Fixed that, my apologies. In future please shoot a PM off to a staff member if you've got an issue.

19. Star 56

Star 56 Active Member

How would this upgrade set look on the United blurr? As the united one as alot more baby blue on him mabye it would look better? Can we get some pictuers of the upgrade set oon the united blurr just out of curiosity?

20. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm all for kits that more closely resemble G1 cartoon characters. But, I can barely see the head to make a call here. If it retails for 10 or 15 buck I'm sold. Too much more than that, I'm not sure.