Generations Blitzwing

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by archieboy, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sooooo.... he's better than Octane at least right?

2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Sure got its issues, but the crazy face and the fact RTS Lugnut needs a buddy gives me reasons to over look them.

3. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Can't wait to get this and Springer! Not sure why everyone's putting down the rubber face... It's not a sword or hand. It's a face... Embedded in a helmet. So?

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I would assume the reason for the rubber faces is so kids don't smash their fingers between the helmet and the faces when switching them.

5. Autobot X

Autobot X Check out my sales thread!

I just want to see size comparison pictures with him, Classics Astrotrain, and Universe Octane/Tankor.

And why are people complaining about his yellow helmet? G1 Blitzwing's helmet was yellow.

6. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Maybe some were exposed more to the Animated version, which had a tan helmet.

7. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm sorely disappointed. However, I'll wait for more review samples before I make a final decision. If the entire production is like this one, my preorder's getting canceled.

I don't think you understand a few things.

1. This is a review thread, not really a discussion thread. Honestly, no one's opinion but that of the OP's is important here. You need to remember that.

2. Since this is the OP's thread, he's welcome to say what he wants. He hasn't offended anyone, so just deal with it.

8. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    Some kid believe he can fly when he play with some toys (and he jumped from two story window). What makes you think that same kid won't throw Blitzy's face? XD

9. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Also, re: Blitzwing's head - it's worth mentioning that the TFA toy had a rubbery helmet.

And given the construction of the head here, it makes sense the face would be the rubbery part.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    This doesn't make any sense at all, at any level.

It's a feedback thread. Everyone's opinion matters. That's why there's a reply button. Are you trying to sya that because the Op says somethign taht's automatically fact and nobody can think differently? Because that's what you mean when you say "only his opinion matters." If he says something that's out of order or incorrect he's gonna get called out for it.

I mean, wow that was one of the most ignorant things I've ever read. It doesn't mean a damn thing who started the thread, it's a feedback thread. Everyone's opinion is welcome. Like, I don't even get how you could think any different.

11. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    I actually like the yellow helmet. More Classics-y/G1 that way.

I'm not too fond of the multiple faces though. It worked for the Animated version (storyline-wise; poor execution in the toy) but this is supposed to be a Classics rendition. I appreciate the nod to Animated, which was a wonderful series, but I would have been fine with just the visiored face if it allowed the entire head to be solid plastic and have room for some ball jointed goodness.

12. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Actually, it's a Generation rendition. Generations appeals to more series than just G1.

Also, I very, very much doubt the face gimmick is the reason he doesn't have a ball joint considering there's legions of figures without ball jointed necks that have no face gimmick, or gimmick at all.

13. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    That's true. It's not my cup of tea but I appreciate he effort and I'm glad that people like the homage.

I'm not sure if he removal of the gimmick might have allowed for a more solid head but its nice to think so. I'm not too fond of rubbery plastic, especially since degrades at a faster rate than most "ordinary" plastics as it ages.

14. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    But that degradation, especially on a piece that's this thick and solid, happens over years. It's seems more likely we'd get another Blitzwing figure before it started breaking down.

Also if it's not your cup of tea, just don't use it. He comes with the G1 head in place out of the box. There is literally no legitimate negative to the face swap gimmick at all, and lots of people love it.

15. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Well now I don't feel as paranoid. Thanks, Papa Split :D 

Shame that I refuse to touch my Animated Longarm and Shockeave due to the rubbery stuff bein used on their "antlers" and claw/hands.

16. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I would argue that his helmet wouldn't be so bulky without it, and his face wouldn't be so vertical. I'd prefer a single, smaller, better head-mold.

Compare the artwork to the actual face:
    [​IMG]

If he had the artwork's face/head proportions, he'd look way better. But that can't be done while accomodating the face-change gimmick.

17. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I didn't even realise that his helmet was bulky or oversized in anyway.

In fact I'd go so far as to say I don't see it. The head is in proportion with the body, and the face gimmick only takes up literally the space of his face due to how well engineered it is. Any bulkiness to the helmet would be intentional, not resulting from the face gimmick. I mean, Blitzwing's head is a bulky head design. It's literally just a rounded square.

18. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    the toy art's helmet is kind of angled around the cheeks, which looks better imo.

19. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    that... that makes sense. to be honest i'd probably do that if it was hard plastic too...

20. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

The head and rubber nosecone sound like something a third-party could rectify.