Customs: Generations Blackout?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by SpeedFreak01, Jan 18, 2011.

1. SpeedFreak01

SpeedFreak01 Well-Known Member

Hi guys! I've seen the review for Genreations/RTS Lugnut, and I noticed how incredibly similar his transformation is to Animated Blackout's. I've thought about doing a kitbash of Lugnut into Blackout, but I'm not sure how to modify the arms, so they don't stick out in helicopter mode. Any ideas?

2. SpeedFreak01

Hellooo....? *sniffs underarms* Do I smell?

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Yes, you do. It's really quite pungent. :p 

Unfortunately, I've never seen the Lugnut mould in the flesh to know what it's capable of, but first thing that comes to mind is can the arms fold back against the sides of the plane, or possibly fold into Apache-style weapons winglets? I doubt you'd be able to turn him into a Blackout-style chopper perfectly, but you might be able to come up with a suitable reformat for him.

4. SpeedFreak01

Wow, I didn't know my BO seeped through to the Internet....

Yeah, I was thinking of adding a joint similar to the ones used by Lego Knights at the elbow, or another similar arrangement, to allow his arms to fold back against the sides of the plane.
    However, I only have one of those joints. I do have an Ultimate Bumblebee I don't mind chopping up though......

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think you'd be well-served to figure out what shell you would use for the helicopter first, and then adjusting the arms to work with it.

Also, I think I'd throw out that you may be better served to kitbash quite a few figures with the Lugnut base to achieve your goal. I think with having Lugnut in hand, that it would work well for the torso and maybe the legs, but not the arms or any other parts. Kitbashing solves that problem though :) 

6. SpeedFreak01

Well, I'm not thinking of reshelling the alt-mode; I think just painting over strategic places on the plane and modifying the arms would suffice.

As for kitbashing several Lugnuts, that's doable; my mum has inadvertently agreed to pay for any figures I need to kitbash *evil grin* .

7. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I really can't see a repainted Lugnut passing off for a Blackout. Then again, this community never ceases to surprise me.

Regarding kitbashing, I meant kitbashing several different figures, which is where the term is derived (but that's not to say that it can't refer to combining parts from two of the same figures).

8. SpeedFreak01

Well, maybe I could change the cockpit a little bit. I am a newb when it comes to kitbashing!

I know that you meant kitbashing several different figures; I must have worded it in a weird way!

9. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Well, I'm definitely interested in seeing what you come up with. I think the key here is how you manipulate your parts (instead of letting the parts manipulate you). In other words, get your idea and drive towards it instead of letting these parts have their way with you. With kitbashing, that can sometimes be a downfall.

10. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    The cockpit and general proportions are already similar to that of Animate Blackout... big arms... three fingers... head-in-inside-cockpit-shoulders...
    Best to have the figure on hand so you can see if you can make up a potential mistransformation for a helicopter mode...