Generations Beast Machines please!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OptimusPrimeFour, Jan 9, 2011.

1. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

When Hasbro came out with the Universe Beast Wars updated Cheetor(<which yea I know they could have done a lot better with him) and Dinobot and hearing about the so called "rumored" Rinox that we never got, It got me thinking... imagine the improvement they could make if they tried to update the Beast Machines core cast. We all know that the Beast Machines suffered a lot of inaccurate representation of there on screen counter parts.

Just imagine a "deluxe Nightscream" that actually looks like him that would fit nicely with the others... or a screen accurate "voyager Jetstorm/Obsidian/Tankor" with todays technology and the astounding work they do with updating G1 figs I thought why not give one of the weakest Transformers toylines a upgrade. Thoughts?

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I want to do as little thinking of Nightscream as possible. It makes me punch less babies.

I don't want to be reminded of that show in toy form.

EDIT: This was childish of me. My apologies. Just because I dislike the show does not mean that its fans should be shunted. While I doubt anything will actually happen, I wish you guys luck in your wish listing.

3. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

How about they do like the other ones and use an obscure character....

Botanica FTW!!

4. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Howz about they just make Obsidian and Strika and call it a day? And perhaps Jetstorm?

5. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Good luck with that.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Botanica.

COME ON, the poor thing didn't even get a toy back then. Yeah she's a massive cheat transformation wise and... well, a plant isn't a super fun toy, but COME ON.

Also I'd love a Generations BM Rattrap that looked more like the show. I love his awesome wheel legs. He had them before they were cool.

Cheetor's my favourte design of the Maximals, and I'd love him done right. That awful techy barely-looks-like-him Titanium was not up to snuff. Maybe we can even get a toy of him that doesn't have toes on the robot feet!

7. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I think Silverbolt deserves a much better figure than what he got in BM. He gets my vote for an update. I think Tankor could do with one as well.

8. Weitat1988

Weitat1988 Well-Known Member

agree and slap them with decepticons symbols!

9. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Actually, most of the toys released were halfway screen-accurate already, save for their size or coloration. Some character even got multiple toys, with each one getter more and more show-accurate. However, I can see where people are coming from, as even the toys that are close to their show models still look off in places. It's also pretty crazy when you compare the Hasbro toys to the McDoalds toys and realize that McDonalds managed to make more screen-accurate toys with the simplest of transformations. Ouch.

I think the ones that could use an update the most would be Cheetor, Nightscream, Botanica, Megatron(they should include the diagnostic drone), Jetstorm, Thrust, Obsidian, and Strika.

While I would like to see all the show characters remade into screen-accurate toys, the ones I'd care to see the most are Jetstorm(because his toys were always pretty far from his show appearance) and Botanica(because she never got a toy).

10. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I'll take a Tankor please!

11. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I do agree that we need Botanica before anyone else.

12. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

I agree, and maybe a pink and smaller Blackarachnia with neon green spiderweb weapon :p  (and I would like them to still have the old spark crystal :D )
    but first of all... Botanica... c'mon! she's a plant! she's a fembot!, she NEEDS a toy (even if not transformable! xD)

13. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Wouldn't mind seeing some vehicons, Botanica (just so she can have a toy), Cheetor, but dear God let Nightscream stay dead and buried in the past.

14. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Would be interesting to see a new take on the BM Maximals, though considering how bad BW Dinobot and Cheetor did I doubt we'll see it happen. I would love to see some Generation Vehicons like Jetstorm and Tankor, those I would pick up for sure.

15. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    There were a few gems in an otherwise wasteland of BM toys: Tank Drone and Cycle Drone. I thought the Jetstorm toy was freaking great- even tho it wasn't accurate in the least (which is good in this rare case).

If Generations could actually re-make anything from BM into something decent, then it might be worth taking a look.

16. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Some of the Vehicons would be nice, as would a new Silverbolt and Nightscream. I was never a fan of Rattrap so I can do without it.

17. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thing is with BM a fair few of the toys were really close off the bat but maybe if they did a few toys that were just influenced rather then updates I could see a new Silverbolt being interesting

18. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I don't get the Beast Machines Nightscream love. If any one character in the history of Transformers is deserving of the hate that usually goes towards Bumblebee, Mudflap, and Skids, it's Beast Machines Nightscream.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Here fuckin' here.

20. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Botanica and a deluxe sized Optimus Primal would make my day, though I wouldn't mind seeing updates for any of the other Maximals either.